V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just got my TC back together and running after some unfortunate lifter issues. Bike is a 131" engine, 10.5:1, SE 263, S&S 66mm Thottlehog w/fueling 6.2 g/s injectors.

The Thundermax unit is new to this bike so I have no history on it. The bike wont start on it's own but if I spray a couple squirts of fuel directly into the intake it takes off an keeps running. Second problem is, while idling it will occasionally die for some reason.

It's only been ran in the garage, hasnt see the road yet.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,827 Posts
Email Thundermax, they'll either point you at a map to start out with, or send one to you.

With those big injectors there is not going to be a lot to choose from. Basically select the throttle type, then match the stroke and then match the injector size. If you get one that matches that far, the rest of the stuff only needs to be close.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
yes,, therms advice is right on,,,, some of the engines i used to build for the street,, maps were not available for them,, i did as therm suggested,,, got a base map as close as possible to the build,, then tweaked and tuned from there...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Email Thundermax, they'll either point you at a map to start out with, or send one to you.

With those big injectors there is not going to be a lot to choose from. Basically select the throttle type, then match the stroke and then match the injector size. If you get one that matches that far, the rest of the stuff only needs to be close.
yes,, therms advice is right on,,,, some of the engines i used to build for the street,, maps were not available for them,, i did as therm suggested,,, got a base map as close as possible to the build,, then tweaked and tuned from there...

I actually did find a 131" map. I figured the issue out, posted this thread too soon.

Basically the base map was set up for 4.89 SE injectors and I had to do the Injector Compensation settings to bump the map for 6.2's. I also re-established the IAC settings and initial idle learn. Lastly it needed a Initial Fuel Pulse and Cranking Fuel setting increase. All is good so far today.

·
Super Moderator
3,204 Posts
Thanks for the follow up.The size of the injectors makes a huge difference if they don't match up with the map you are using.Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts