V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 street glide with a 110 installed in it. It is really hard to start when it is hot. I have already broken one starter. The technician at the dealer told me that the compression releases are not operating. I called zippers and was asked if my bike was a cvo. I told him no. He said that the program was written for the cvo models. He was wondering if the cvo road king is wired different than the regular touring models. As far as how the compression releases are activated. Second thing he mentioned to me was to always use the ignition switch to turn off the bike. Reason for it is that when the kill switch is used it is not dropping everything off line in the right order, and not allowing the compression releases to reset. I have not yet been able to try this yet. I was also wondering when the compression releases operate during the start up process. I was told that you should be able to hear them open. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I believe and i could be wrong, but the Harley Automatic compression releases, blow the extra compression in the exhaust port. You will not hear these like the manual type mounted by the spark plugs. They give a definite pfffft sound every revolution.
Sorry i dont not know how they are wired though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts