V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just finishing up a build here and does anyone know a good Dyno man around here that works with the Thundermax EFi we are in the kc metro. I’ll go anywhere I can if the guy is good within a couple of hrs.
thanks
brian

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know. Im jus5 finishing up new build and like Dynoing it if 5he guys good and then writing the map and lettin* learn from there.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That's what the guys at the Thundermax tune do... Ya get your tune from them... [My Boy got his in an e-mail or something like that] put it in, and run the bike like yer gonna ride it... Not WFO on a Dyno
The System learns by doing and later you back-up the map, and go from there...
I do Not get the Dyno Part...
Any Map you put in...is constantly modified by the Thundermax "learn" system..From the outset...your map basically... is No More...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When they installed mine originally they had some issues I never asked what was bug they put up on dyno and tuned it then set a custom map in it. They actually had to do it twice. We rode it for couple hundred miles and it started coughing at decelerations and start up of course they blamed on exhaust gasket and this and that until we took back the next day. They put bavk in dyno and did done adjustments in computer while watching the dyno ag same time and this yikes it came out screaming. Never had any more issues.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fo have auto tune. Closed loop. I had cycle solutions install it. They did great job. Ran great once they finished up. The thundermax rep is going to put me a map together as a starting point. I just need to get the heads back do I can finish getting them all the correct info.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
OK .... cool tool
I would Not spend anything on a Dyno, if I had Auto Tune..
But, if it makes you happy... by all means...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So do you think if I just start it up with my original map it will teach itself about the upgrades and everything I’ve been doing and I won’t have to do anything at all. ?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
So do you think if I just start it up with my original map it will teach itself about the upgrades and everything I’ve been doing and I won’t have to do anything at all. ?
Well....I do Not know what all ya did!!!
If it is really big change... then just call them and get a boxed tune and let it learn from there...if it was not Extensive changes.... let it learn..
I'm thinking a throttle body and air filter from Horsepower Inc. was accomplished with "learn" on my Boys '07 Dyna!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Download the t-max program from their website. Grab you laptop and install the program that is closest to your build. Used to be free, dont know about now of days. If not you should have gotten a cd disc with the unit. Run it to your hard drive and save.
T-max is a really good under rated product with a bunch of good features. No real need for a dyno unless you are looking for that max power with some high falutin build.
PM if you need help.

·
Super Moderator
21,528 Posts
The Tmax will adapt to a lot of stuff. As said above, load the software on a laptop, then update the laptop software. After that check the firmware on the unit and update if needed.

After that select the map that is closest to your build. If you don't see anything close, shoot them an email with your engine specs including intake and exhaust. They'll pick a map for you. Then push it to the unit and let the tuning begin.
As a rule, I leave a cable attached for the first few hundred miles. So I can hook back up with ease. If it pings, read up on the spark maps and how to diagnose pinging. It will not auto adjust for that. After each of the first few runs, auto write the map, name and save each map you auto write. You might want to revisit them later.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you guys. Merry Xmas. So also I installed new scorpion clutch and now since I’m upgrading everything to much more torque I’ve got the Baker heavy duty throw out bearing kit. They say not to use the oil slinger. Si I pressed the slinger off of that pushrod and now installing the bakers bearings. The question I have is on the pushrod there is a lip that I can not find any info on. When you press off the slinger portion it still leaves this lip as it is a actual part of the pushrod. I’ll attach a few pics. Everything still lines up as it should. The bearings and clips are exactly where they should be. At least for this piece of the pushrod. Unless yo7 are supposed to buy a different version of the right side pushrod. I have not read that anywhere though. The instructions are very good except the part about the oil slinger. It just says that it is not to be used with this kit so get rid of. All photos I’ve seen don’t i do not see this. Then again they are on older bikes and the right side pushrod was different. With the clips and bearings aligning exactly where they should be makes me th8nk this is correct But I just don’t have any verification of that. I hate assuming things like that lord knows where assumptions get ya. Please tell me what you guys think or know. Here’s few pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts