V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people run Thunderheaders and have pics. I am considering changing over to this pipe since I have heard they are good for performance compared to my Big Shots Staggerred.

If anyone has a pic of black Thunderheaders with the chrome shields I would definitely be intered in a pic of that. I bet the contrast looks good.

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
Check out........

.....Chuck Soday's (csoday) gallery, he has a black TH on a softail. I have a chrome set on a road king with the false pipe in the Road King Owner's thread. Hope that helps.

I have seen a chrome shield over black pipe on a road king, and it DOES look good.

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
Here's a pic of the chrome model on a SuperGlide, they perform and sound awesome.

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
aren't they kinda loud?

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
drdevon said:
.....Chuck Soday's (csoday) gallery, he has a black TH on a softail. I have a chrome set on a road king with the false pipe in the Road King Owner's thread. Hope that helps.

I have seen a chrome shield over black pipe on a road king, and it DOES look good.
I bet it does look sweet. I hope someone posts a pic up of a set like that.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gulfstream said:
Here's a pic of the chrome model on a SuperGlide, they perform and sound awesome.

Thanks for the pic. Are you running the heat sheilds on your bike? Hard to tell in the photo.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Here is a picture of my TH with heatshields.

Can't beat the unique sound of the TH, great power, and the touring model really mellows out when cruising.

Steve

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies so far.

Anyone with a Black Thunderheader with chrome shields?

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
Look....

Fatb0y said:
Thanks for the replies so far.

Anyone with a Black Thunderheader with chrome shields?

There is one guy on the Delphi forums site with a Police Road King who has that setup. It looks awesome. However, you can clearly see where the shields stop on the posted pics (right before the reversion cone tips, check out right above the minutes number in the timestamp on the dyna pic) and just figure that after the shields, you see black ceramic. no magic to it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the black ceramic thunderheaders with black ceramic shields on my low rider. The heat shields work well to prevent me burning a hole in my pants when I put my legs down at stops.

The TH heat shields consist of 3 pieces for the 1026 model. The first two go on the header pipes, and the third one goes over the collector area. They are not full coverage (more like half coverage) shields, so I'm not sure if the chrome over black would achieve the look you're desiring.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gnarl78 said:
I have the black ceramic thunderheaders with black ceramic shields on my low rider. The heat shields work well to prevent me burning a hole in my pants when I put my legs down at stops.

The TH heat shields consist of 3 pieces for the 1026 model. The first two go on the header pipes, and the third one goes over the collector area. They are not full coverage (more like half coverage) shields, so I'm not sure if the chrome over black would achieve the look you're desiring.
You may be right and that is why I am seeking photos of that setup on a bike, but then again I may love it. I like how the Paul Yaffe Crack pipes in black with the chrome shields looks. It is just enough contrast to really make them pop. Some pipes look good that way and some don't.

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
Hope this helps

Attached a picture of a guy on Road King Riders with that set-up. I have seen some other pics - it looks very sharp, IMHO.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Fred1369 said:
aren't they kinda loud?
My Thunderheader is quieter then True Duals & Wild Pigs. That was my previous setup and no-one wanted to ride behind me. I couldn't hardly hear the radio with that setup, so I replaced it with the TH.

Steve

·
Registered
278 Posts
Steve, any problem hearing your radio with the Thunderheaders? I'm getting an '06 Ultra and will eventually upgrade the exhaust.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After seeing the black with chrome heat shields (thanks btw) I would stick with the chrome and chrome shields.

Thanks for the pics.

Does anyone recommend any other pipe besides a Thunderheader for good power throughout the torque range?

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Gnarl78 said:
Steve, any problem hearing your radio with the Thunderheaders? I'm getting an '06 Ultra and will eventually upgrade the exhaust.
If I am cranking on the throttle hard........then I can't ehar anything but the Thunderheader. But for normal cruising.......I hear the radio just fine. I love the Thunderheader at 60 mph.......it's a rolling rumble, very unique and cool sounding.

Steve

·
Registered
278 Posts
MaineUltraClassic said:
If I am cranking on the throttle hard........then I can't ehar anything but the Thunderheader. But for normal cruising.......I hear the radio just fine. I love the Thunderheader at 60 mph.......it's a rolling rumble, very unique and cool sounding.

Steve
Love the sound of my TH's on my Low Rider. I'm a little concerned my passenger might not like them on longer rides. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts