V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I probably should have posted this before I ordered them, but, they were what came highly reccommended at the dealership from customers and salesmen when I bought my 2006 Dyna Street Bob yesterday. So, I ordered a set of Thunderheader 2 to 1 today. Is there anything that should know about these pipes or do ya'll recommend them? (I also ordered the stage 1 kit, not just getting the pipes)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definatly a good thing to hear! Are they soft enough I can get away with them in the apartment complex? I just need to be able to let it start, warm for a min or 2, and then eeeaaase out of the maze to the road. Then they can bark away!

·
Registered
33 Posts
They aren't real loud in my opinion, but the more you twist the throttle the louder it gets. Nice deep tone

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
Yep, I can sneak into the neigborhood at 0200 at low RPM's...they are very good pipes IMO, wait until you hear them at 4500 RPM's...they sing!

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
best pipe, produces the top dyno numbers, reasonably quiet.get ready for a tuner!

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
Great Job!

As long as I keep the throttle low, I am just fine in my neighborhood. No blipping, ever. However, super bass tone and sounds like a '67 big block Vette when you twist the wick. Accept no substitute!

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
You can sneak around pretty good with the TH at idle.

It is the best performing, best sounding, and best looking pipe on the market (IMHO).

Once you hit 60mph, it just sings like a rolling thunder sound.

Steve

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I love mine. They are pretty mellow just puttin around but slightly blipping them will set off car alarms. If you get them dyno tuned by someone who nows what they are doing they are even quieter at cruising speed.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
The words. "God Almighty" come to mind when I crank up and the TH start singing. Excellent purchase my good man. Excellent purchase.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank ya'll

Thank you very much for the info and the praise! Sounds like I am doin it all right from the start with this new bike. :thumbsup: (not used to that! haha)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I love the TH on my bagger. Great sounding pipe, great looks, great power. I'd recommend this pipe to anyone. It is the best sounding pipe IMHO.

-bluelab

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
After a couple of days of riding............I must say it again

I LOVE MY THUNDERHEADER!!!!

I'm going out to polish it now.......LOL

Steve

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
da da da da da dada da da THUNDER !! (bangs head on the computer keyboard, listening to AC/DC)

NOTHING sounds as good as a TH.....well add some super high compression pistons and a bumpstick cam THERE that's better...THUNDER!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts