V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Infidel
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be installing a Thunderheader on my 05 FXDI in the next day or so...will the SE gaskets work well with this or should I use the OEM's? Any "gotcha's" I should be aware of?

·
Infidel
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, SE's it will be then...thanks for the help!

·
Infidel
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thunderheaders Rock!

Got the Thunderheader installed this morning before work (I work 2nd shift) and it went on without any problems and the SE gaskets worked fine. I've only ridden the bike into work (the long way) but WOW is there a difference! The low end torque seems about the same but the mid to high seems much stronger, it rev's quick and hard. The sound seems tame enough to sneak into the neighborhood tonight at 0130 (hopefully) but when you get on it BAM...that's the sound I've been looking for!! Now I know why Chuck speaks so highly of these...very pleased!

·
Infidel
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
georider said:
Gulfstream, I glad all went well with the install. Did you get
chrome or black? I went with chrome and whishing I had black,
I hate to polish.
Went with chrome...I'll throw a pic up when I get home. Went for a nice ride at my lunch...these put the SE II Pro's to shame. Will need to tweak the DFI tomorrow, getting some decel popping now. The motor makes pure music now at 4500 RPM's!

·
Infidel
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Believe me...it's money well spent, quite a performance boost by seat of the pants and the sound alone is worth the money:rolleyes: . I'm not planning dyno runs until I do the big bore upgrade...down the road. Do save the $70, it's easy and only took about an hour or so.

·
Infidel
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.