V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all,
I need some expert advice. I just ordered my 100 aniversary Luxury Rich Red Pearl Electra Glide. I hope to see it in April or May (not to many colors built in '03). I'm currently running a thunderheader on my '01 Fat Boy and I really like it. I want to duplicate it on the new Glide, but I've only seen the Thunderheader slip ons for baggers. Has anyone seen a single Thunderheader set up for a bagger? If so where can I get some info?

Thanks,

·
Registered
206 Posts
SledDog -- Yeah, They Make Them...

(This is by no means expert advice)

I was just riding with guys that were running them on their E-Glides. But they were all carbureted, and not FI.

I like the TH too, but have heard that the TH Thundercone slip-ons don't work well with the FI bikes. But I don't know if the 2:1 TH works well with FI.

Is your bike carbed or FI?

Hippo, how would the TH 2:1 entire system work on a delphi injected Glide? Are they as bad as the Thundercones?

Look here:

http://www.wallyscycleworld.com/virtualshop/exhdatapage.asp

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mitch,
My Fat Boy is Carb'd and she runs strong. The Glide is supposed to be FI. Does anyone know how to get to a site for thunderheaders? I can't find one for Rich Products.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've searched for their web site too, and I don't think they have one...you might get some more info from parts retailer's web sites...

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
They don't have a website. The TH has always been my favorite pipe. It does give a little away in midrange to the E pipe but it works very well on the top end.
It is pretty loud.

As much as I like it I would probably not use it on a Delphi bike unless it is a very big engine. They make a specific version for the baggers and they also make one version with a falsie for the left side, but it is expensive.
There is nothing wrong with the slip ons in principle, what's wrong is the stock header pipes and adding a low restriction canister to the left side makes it even worse.

It's not just EFI bikes, it's the Delphi bikes in particular. The MM bikes were not affected as much by low restriction pipes, but their logic was heavily TPS signal controlled. The Delphi doesn't like these pipes because their logic is preponderantly MAP signal controlled and reversion plays havoc with an already unstable signal (due to no airbox volume and uneven firing order)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts