V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Road King and am currently running V&H true duals with SEII slip-ons, with power commander. I'm looking for more torque and a deeper sound and am considering going with the Thunderheader 2 into 1 with the false pipe. A lot of money to make the change, just wondering if the difference would be significant.

Also, anyone had any problems with Thunderheaders?

Good advise is appreciated.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I like the look of the Thunderheader 2v1 with the false pipe on the other side. Looks good. Someone posted pics in the pic section with that setup.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
ghjohnso said:
I have an 05 Road King and am currently running V&H true duals with SEII slip-ons, with power commander. I'm looking for more torque and a deeper sound and am considering going with the Thunderheader 2 into 1 with the false pipe. A lot of money to make the change, just wondering if the difference would be significant.

Also, anyone had any problems with Thunderheaders?

Good advise is appreciated.
Yes, you will notice a huge improvement going to a TH from your current setup. The performance will be much better, and allot smoother response.

You can try out map 807-167 in your Power Commander......that is what I'm running in my PC and it's about perfect for now.

The TH 2-1 is the deepest sounding pipe I've heard yet, and the power is great. You can get the 2-1 without falsee for $600, with falsee is about $850. I never got the point of the falsee, it's just wasted weight all for looks. If you're going to do a 2-1, just go for it and you'll get used to the look.

You can see pictures at the link below.

Steve

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
On the other hand.....

.....i have the falsee and love the look. I have been losing weight recently so the bike can't tell the difference.

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I got um and love um...be advised though on some models the stock bracket that holds the falsee won't work ..I had to do some modofication of mine to make it fit.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Thunderheader works great on my 05 FLHTI. Deep sound, great power, cool old-school look; a huge improvement over stock.

-bluelab

1 - 6 of 6 Posts