V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats it!!! When in doubt...... Black it out!! Thunderheader still to me is the best sounding pipe, And better when your running cams over a 600 lift, W/ proper tuning this pipe is performance, Sounds like a Big Block Chevy,And besides Chrome always turns to #%*@ anyway, To much bling!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
The D&D with QB is a sweet pipe. Excellent build quality, excellent sound, tamer than the TH. BUT I found it was to restrictive when used on 117 build with R&R heads. When I moved to a standard baffle it lost the sound appeal that makes the QB the best option.

Ended up going back to the Rinehart TD's which have the best sound overall IMO. Love the separation of the two cylinders and more of the classic potato potato sound. Noticeable change in low end grunt from the D&D but with a 117 it not as noticable due to the abundance of power.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
V&H Propipe is THE pipe to have..period. Megaphone?...I don't think so. Pure performance & sound...and looks good too....and you can cook a turkey dinner inside of it.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
To me, the best sounding have little to do with the pipe and more to do with what has been done to the engine. A built motor with 2 inch straights made of mild steel, sound 100% better than a stocker with a 2-1 of any brand.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
TONYJ,
you could be right bro, but we are talking 2-1's here and generally speaking stock eingines or some moderate engine mods.
Tj

·
Registered
917 Posts
TH sounds good. I personally like the sound of the Bassani Road Rage and the RB LSR 2-1's better. Loud pipes all of them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I programmed my PCIII at 20%+ fuel at all RPMs at zero throttle position except idle rpm and all decel popping is gone.
Simple fix.
I had to go -18 at all RPMs at 0 throttle position except idle rpm and decel popping is gone.

I tried many different exhaust and Thunderheaders have the best sound.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thunderheaders came with by bike. They sound good and I agree the black does look great. They do melt my boot if I'm not careful but I really don't care about heat shields.

·
Registered
94 Posts

I do like the looks of the black. I think chrome pipes would be too much. About the only thing that's going to change are getting rid of the speakers. Might not like the looks of the pipes as much without the saddle bags but the bags are staying.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts