V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have read nothing but great things about the Thunder Monster Baffles. I have 95" with headwork, Cams and Cycle Shack slip ons. What does everyone think of these? Do they improve the sound without sacrificing any performance? The pictures of the baffle just look like an expensive way to do the lollipop in your pipe after pulling your baffles out.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The company claims you will gain some HP and TQ on any setup. With my application the baffle goes in the end of header pipe and creates a stepped header which the lollipop does not create. They also claim the lollipop inside the tube they sell has been engineered, shaped and placed in a spot that optimizes and increases the speed of exhaust gases. So according to them its much different from the lollipop. Plus according to them the sound is much better. Not just noise like with baffles out, creates a low deep throaty but loud sound.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
cdirk said:
The company claims you will gain some HP and TQ on any setup. With my application the baffle goes in the end of header pipe and creates a stepped header which the lollipop does not create. They also claim the lollipop inside the tube they sell has been engineered, shaped and placed in a spot that optimizes and increases the speed of exhaust gases. So according to them its much different from the lollipop. Plus according to them the sound is much better. Not just noise like with baffles out, creates a low deep throaty but loud sound.
Got em, love em, wouldn't be without em^rolleyez^ .

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Tried the whole lolipop washer thing. Then purchased the Thundermonsters. Never was real happy with the washer by itself. The Thundermonster did to my Big Radius pipes what VH couldn't do. Great performance and great sound.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I bought em. Going to Install them this weekend. I like the look of my cycle shack baloney cut slip ons. They are supposed to provide good performance. Sound is ok. I pulled the baffles out of them and it was loud and obnoxious. I am hoping the Thundermonster Baffles will give me a louder, deeper toned sound. Not obnoxious but powerful and hopefully pick up some performance. The guy at big city said I would gain some performance and sound I could change with cycle shack baffles in, out, or by cutting the baffle to get the sound I want. Gives me something to play with during the winter since theres almost 1 ft of snow on the ground here. Thanks for all the input.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally put them in. It was really easy. Wow. What a difference. Definitely can feel seat of pants difference. Bike is faster especially in the mid range. Sound is mean. Low snort. Sounds like a dragon and this is with the cycle shack baffles still in the mufflers. (It was a header pipe install of the thundermonsters) I will pull the cycle shack baffles out tomorrow and see how loud it is with those out. Love the sound of it with the baffles in. Its pretty loud. I will give a full report tommorrow if I can get out for a ride with the baffles out. So far these baffles are all that they were advertised. I dont think I need another exhaust system after installing these. Sound is great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts