V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a set of thundermonsters in my SEII's tonight, didnt get a chance to ride it, but it sounds SWEETTTTT in the garage. alot deeper sounding than the stock SE's. Their the new one's that go directly into the muffler.

·
Registered
70 Posts
is this the pipe that has the Screamin Eagle script going down the side of it and billet end tips?
I had heard that this made a great sound. Can you let us know what they sound like going down the road? Do you have fellow riders that have made this change? What's it sound like riding behind them?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine are the slash down's... no end tips, and yes, the rear one has the " screamin' eagle " script on the side. the dia. of the baffle is 2 7/8". It's suppose to be 45 and sunny here sunday, so hopefully i'll be able to go for a spin. it sounds awesome in the garage though. each of my mufflers has a bolt on the back side and one on the bottom holding the baffle in. the front muffler baffle came out easy.
i had to take the rear muffler off the bike and whack the baffle out from the backside. it was really stuck in there.

·
Registered
204 Posts
On my Fatboy, i have the baloney slash cut, with Screamin Eagle II script on them, they sound real good as is. I would like to know is the new baffel you put n makes them louder,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very loud

I have SEII Pros on my DWG and had modified baffles (cut down diverter tab) so they were louder and much deeper in tone than stock. I decided to try the new SEII TMs. The loudness scale certainly ratcheted up to a whole new level. Too much for me plus even tho' the deep bass was there, with the TMs, I got back the airy "putt" that I'd had with drilled stock mufflers. After looking at the SEII baffles, I decide to go for broke on the TMs. I drilled six 3/8" holes on the "slope" of each dogbone center and twelve in two rows of six in the middle and back of the center of the dogbone. So some exhaust can shoot straight into the cavity "above" the dogbone and filter back out. As expected, this toned down the "putting" sound quite a bit but it also quieted the mufflers back down to about the level of my modified SEII baffles. TMs are supposed to provide increased performance and I beleive that they did based on the seat of the pants feel on my "unmodified" ride. I was concerned that I'd lose the designed performance by this modification to the TMs but they were just too loud for me. If peformance is less, I can't tell by the seat of the pants. If anyone decides to do this as well- be careful with the second set of holes near the back of the dogbone. You do not want to mistakenly hit the post and ring that is there for the backpressure. You could break it off. I angled the drill bit towards the center to ensure that I would not hit the post or ring.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seii & Tm

06 Heritage...
Yeah, let us know what you think about these baffles. I've got SEII's myself, and have been seriously considering replacing them with cycle shack slip-ons. I like the idea of deeper exhaust note, but I don't want an outrageously loud muffler at cruising speeds,( something I've been warned about if I make the switch over to Cycle Shacks). My stock baffles have been modified a couple of times and I don't want to mess with them again. Also, give us your opinion on performance...at a $130 a pop, they better than just sound good...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, i took about a 20 mile ride today, as far as performance, i dont really think i gained anything, but i dont think i lost anything either.
It does want to pop once in awhile on decell, which i wasnt getting with the stock baffles.... not bad though. I'm just running the stage one download, so i figured that would happen. As far as sound, i'll say it again..
SWEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!! i wouldnt want it any louder though. lol.
nice and deep , the way a harley should sound. Would i buy them again ?
YES.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts