V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...it's about time for the delinquents to begin planning some of those rides we've been talkin' about...seems there was one about a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway, another where we might join other forum members for a trip up to Mt Washington, the most recent was to the Virginia Beach Bike Classic...Myrtle Beach is rapidly approaching too...let's get this year off to a big start!!!


Discussion please...%[email protected]
 

·
Yet another 43 Double D
Joined
·
626 Posts
I'll keep watching this thread :corn:

Wyo seemed to think the Mt Wash gathering might not happen on our last ride but he may have more current info. The other destinations look good.

The calendar is filling up so if the dates work I'm in.
 

·
FYJIGM
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
I'm definately doing a day trip to VA Beach Classic. Who's riding along?
 

·
ovanay elinquentday
Joined
·
2,021 Posts

·
FYJIGM
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
GPO03FatBoy said:
gotta have a working bike to go on a ride.........
I forsee mine being complete NLT Saturday. How bout you John?
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GPO03FatBoy said:
gotta have a working bike to go on a ride.........
I bought this bike with a week to break it in before Myrtle Beach in '04, I had time to do an oil change at the dealer for the first service when I left on Friday...if my parts are in all you'll see of me is a$$hole and elbows...:chopper:
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DNLEVESQUE said:
I forsee mine being complete NLT Saturday. How bout you John?
Looks like I'm 6-10 days out depending on time to assemble, tins will be done Mon-Tues and the heads could be shipping Fri or Mon
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
xkvator said:
did you go with the original plan?

The same as posted in the other thread


...not saying a word...:whistle:


Nice reminder, I'll remember that...:dry:
I understand that Steve has had few if any failures in return shipping but I got my fingers crossed!!! I had a look at the colors on tin yesterday...sure looks good!!!
 

·
Yet another 43 Double D
Joined
·
626 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
I'm definately doing a day trip to VA Beach Classic. Who's riding along?
Great idea! I went down for the VA Beach bike week last year as a day trip to the VA Beach Classic sounds like a good plan! :thumbsup:
 

·
Infidel
Joined
·
6,331 Posts
joediver said:
I'll keep watching this thread :corn:

Wyo seemed to think the Mt Wash gathering might not happen on our last ride but he may have more current info. The other destinations look good.

The calendar is filling up so if the dates work I'm in.
I didn't intend to poo poo the idea, only to relate that longer rides have a way of falling apart. That is, there'll be plenty of interest for sake of discussion, but when time gets short, excuses start cropping up.
 

·
FYJIGM
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
joediver said:
Great idea! I went down for the VA Beach bike week last year as a day trip to the VA Beach Classic sounds like a good plan! :thumbsup:
sounds good joe. I think it's me, you and jeff. I expect john will be ridin' also. anyone else?
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wyodude said:
I didn't intend to poo poo the idea, only to relate that longer rides have a way of falling apart. That is, there'll be plenty of interest for sake of discussion, but when time gets short, excuses start cropping up.
Yep...my experience as well though you I and Chris made the 2.5 hour jaunt to that steam bath at Farmville last year and we do have a few more folks that'll likely ride...Doug for one, Warren too if he gets down here...but the rest I have no experience with...
 

·
ovanay elinquentday
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
sounds good joe. I think it's me, you and jeff. I expect john will be ridin' also. anyone else?
I'm trying to prepare myself mentally. 400 mile days put a toll on my body. You guys on the comfy touring bikes with those big bay windows on the front just tool along. Us old cruisers with the wind in our face and weak arms have to be careful about our delicate physiques!

The ride sounds good though.
 

·
Vagrant
Joined
·
3,063 Posts
Depending on the details I'm in for something. I'm up for 400 mile days but maybe not a string of Iron Butts if we're just takin' it easy. Beaches or mountains, I loves 'em both. North, South, East or West. I really like the casual aspect of just hitting the Blue Ridge Parkway and ending up in the Smokies, maybe a Friday to Monday long weekend trip. I'd love to follow along with other that have done DelMarVa or another one of the big beach rallies. I think Mt. Wash might be pushing it for me planning/stress-wise. My work schedule should be more calm after June. I got a couple of big rides planned overseas this year as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
814 Posts
All;

My heads finally arrived late Wednesday evening. Spent 1/2 day yesterday and ALL of today with a couple breaks working on the install. It may take a seasoned mechanic 10 hours, but I ain't a seasoned mechanic.

Think I'll be ready for the first heat cycle before lunch tomorrow. Spent 3 hours this morning trying to track down the correct torque wrench. Finally ended up running into a mechanic friend and he loaned my his Snap-on with Ft lbs, Inch lbs and NM.

One comment on the piston circ clips: :badmood: What a PITA. Thought I had the crank sufficiently covered to, nope. One of them clips went flying, bounced off the frame, around the other side of the cylinder and behind my shop rag right down the case. :duh?: Fortunatly it went straight down and my magnetic wand got it on the first attempt. Thought I was sunk. And that circ clip tool doesn't seem to work very well. Now I know why Steve uses a pair of needle nose plyers. :whistle:

Mike

Soon to be: 98" revolution, CP pistons; 9.8 comp, GMR ported heads, LMR-002 spring, Comp lifters, Stock pushrods, Andrews 37G with S&S gear drive;
Diamond cut.

?prty:
 

·
FYJIGM
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
mbkodiak said:
All;

My heads finally arrived late Wednesday evening. Spent 1/2 day yesterday and ALL of today with a couple breaks working on the install. It may take a seasoned mechanic 10 hours, but I ain't a seasoned mechanic.

Think I'll be ready for the first heat cycle before lunch tomorrow. Spent 3 hours this morning trying to track down the correct torque wrench. Finally ended up running into a mechanic friend and he loaned my his Snap-on with Ft lbs, Inch lbs and NM.

One comment on the piston circ clips: :badmood: What a PITA. Thought I had the crank sufficiently covered to, nope. One of them clips went flying, bounced off the frame, around the other side of the cylinder and behind my shop rag right down the case. :duh?: Fortunatly it went straight down and my magnetic wand got it on the first attempt. Thought I was sunk. And that circ clip tool doesn't seem to work very well. Now I know why Steve uses a pair of needle nose plyers. :whistle:

Mike

Soon to be: 98" revolution, CP pistons; 9.8 comp, GMR ported heads, LMR-002 spring, Comp lifters, Stock pushrods, Andrews 37G with S&S gear drive;
Diamond cut.

?prty:
Glad to hear it's almost done. It was nice today to see that oil light go off and then I fired it up and she roared through her heat cycles like a charm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
389 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
I'm definately doing a day trip to VA Beach Classic. Who's riding along?
We'll be there...heading south Friday morning and coming home Sunday afternoon. Staying at the Roadway Inn on Pacific Ave.

That's me on my RoadKing, The Lovely Mrs. Sinker on her Shadow, BIL on his RoadKing and SIL on her LowRider.
 

·
FYJIGM
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
Sinker said:
We'll be there...heading south Friday morning and coming home Sunday afternoon. Staying at the Roadway Inn on Pacific Ave.

That's me on my RoadKing, The Lovely Mrs. Sinker on her Shadow, BIL on his RoadKing and SIL on her LowRider.
We're still gatherin' up the herd here but I suspect there will be half a dozen of us if not more headin that way. As time gets near, we'll have a better idea who's gonna make it. Hope to see you there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
814 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
Glad to hear it's almost done. It was nice today to see that oil light go off and then I fired it up and she roared through her heat cycles like a charm.

Congrats on completing your build. :wootdnc: Now if I can just get this head cold and sore throat to settle down I can get back to completing mine.:banana:

:cheers:

Mike
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top