V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the thumbscrew from my seat to put my battery tender on the bike and the fastener underneat the fender where the thumbscrew threads in to fell to the floor... Anybody have any experience putting this thing bacK? I didn't look at it very long, just put my tender on and said screw it, I'll deal with it later...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've got a 06 Ultra and my thumb screw recess is pretty loose also. Its just a matter of time when its going to fall out. I think to replace it your probably looking at removing the rear wheel to get at it. Not sure how to replace it so I hope someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think that you are going to have to fish it up. Drop a piece of fihing line or trimmer line from your weed wacker through and put the nut on the end of the line and pull it back up
Ken

·
Registered
163 Posts
I changed out mine all the time when I replace the solo when my wife rides. I wrap a thin wire on the studs and put the wire through the holes and pull it up through, then hold it with your hand, take off one wire, put the plastic washer on to hold it, then the other. Pain in the ass but I got pretty good at it.

·
Sniper
1,659 Posts
A long zip tie works good. Slip the metal stud over the zip tie and let it rest on the big end of the tie. Push it up thru the hole, put on the plastic C clip and let the tie fall out.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
I went to my indy and they had a little kit that locked a new nut back in there. Forget how it worked, cost 10-20 bucks and it is better than the original.

No epoxy or anything like that...had to reach up from under the fender to hold the bottom piece in when I installed it.

rkc

·
1,336 Posts
A long zip tie works good. Slip the metal stud over the zip tie and let it rest on the big end of the tie. Push it up thru the hole, put on the plastic C clip and let the tie fall out.
Thats how I did mine. The second time. Works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
seat bolt nut easy way

cable tie will work, but a wire hanger with a loop on one end to hold the nut as you snake it through the fender works best,, it's more rigid easier to snake it to hole,, gotta have a wire hanger more likely than a cable tie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts