V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Air Force
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday I am going to do the 10,000 mile service on my Ultra. The only concern I have is adjusting the throttle cables. According to the manual I have to disconnect the connector from the cruise module and adjust the idle cable using an ohm meter. What am I looking for as far as a reading on the meter? :confused: Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

·
Registered
182 Posts
To answer your question you are using the ohm meter to measure if the switch (next to the gas tank) is open or closed. I have done a 10000 service many times now and never has there been a need to use an ohm meter.
If your cruise control is working correctly and your throttle grip is adjusted in a manner than has just a little play in it then the only thing you need to do is lubricate the cables.
Take off the switch cover next to the throttle grip and you can access the cables for lubrication. Two ways to do it. One is a oiler with a fine tip and the other is a wire that you gently place into the cable housing and then let oil drip down the wire into the cable.

·
Retired Air Force
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DC

Thanks for the information. I will try doing oit that way.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
mhonn2004 said:
Sunday I am going to do the 10,000 mile service on my Ultra. The only concern I have is adjusting the throttle cables. According to the manual I have to disconnect the connector from the cruise module and adjust the idle cable using an ohm meter. What am I looking for as far as a reading on the meter? :confused: Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.:thanks:
mhonn,

I don't have any specific advice but I do have a tip for you.

I recently purchased a copy of Fix My Hog, the touring bike version.

I have to say it is $50 bux well spent. They show you in explicit detail how to do most if not all of the 10K service. Check it out.

disclaimer: I don't have any financial interest in this company. I think they have a product that is worth the money and definitely augments the factory service manual.

regards,

wyo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts