V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still trying to get used to this throttle. Maybe it's just me being so used to twisting the grip against a return spring, but I seem to need a bit more resistance in the grip than I have with this system. It's a little harder to hold steady over bumps or RR tracks. I've given it a while now, but I still think it needs to be a little firmer, or is there an adjustment I don't know about? No quick throttle lock with cruise either?

Anyone else's thoughts?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I'm still new to my '08 RK; but, I'm getting to like just releasing the throttle to change gears; instead of pushing it closed.
No problem holding it steady with Throttle Rocker.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Bingo said:
I am still trying to get used to this throttle. Maybe it's just me being so used to twisting the grip against a return spring, but I seem to need a bit more resistance in the grip than I have with this system. It's a little harder to hold steady over bumps or RR tracks. I've given it a while now, but I still think it needs to be a little firmer, or is there an adjustment I don't know about? No quick throttle lock with cruise either?

Anyone else's thoughts?
You might give H-D customer service a call.
The "touchy throttle" is what got me out of BMW and into Harleys {in '98}.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Now that I am used to it I like it...it took a few thousand miles though. Initially I also thought it was sensitve when I hit a bump, etc..

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Does take a bit of getting used to. Some people have found if you move your hand toward the switch housing and touch it with your index finger or thumb, it will keep the movements of the throttle less over bumps.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Bingo said:

Anyone else's thoughts?
Only a little over 700 miles so far but I totally agree with with you. I'll get use to it but have to wonder about when I get a little more power. It lets off awfully easy, very touchy at steady throttle but opens slow for WOT...
The aftermarket will catch up, be patient...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Only have about 1000 miles on my 08 EG , first time I throttled back at highway
speed I was startled by how fast the rpm dropped away,and thought to myself thats odd, had to drop down to 5th just to get my speed back up. guess I'm
Getting use to it coming from an 03 FXST to an EG is a big jump, happy to say that the more miles I've put on with the EG, the more happyer I am.

Ezdaze

#keep an eye out for cows with red eyes:xhere:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts