V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Weathered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got a good deal on a quarter fairing mounted it but had to do custom bracket, and the headlight does not sit quite far enough back IMO :hmmm:. It does provide some wind cutting and take some of it off my chest.....
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Weathered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the fairing I really want in the near future...the Arlen Ness quarter fairing.

·
Weathered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it is small but it does take some of the wind off my chest which is all I was looking for. I am just not real happy with the position that it is now riding in. I am going to try a new headlight mounting block that will reposition the headlight so that the fairing closer to the forks. I want the Arlen Ness faring but didn't have the $200+ dollars to spend right now, I got the small one for $40.

·
Weathered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Set the fairing closer to the forks, lost the tall sissybar and saddle bags. I am happy with the looks and the amount of wind it keep off my chest area.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Why ????????? I can understand the bigger one but the little one?
Because its cool, I have the qtr fairing from Harley on mine.

aubeagle

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have an Arlen Ness sitting in the shed waiting to install on my FXR.

Problem is, those tossa's from SOA all have one So they have ruined it for the rest of us.

Sent from my FXR powered iPad

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Slow, when you installed that 'open' style air cleaner, did you notice any difference in how the bike ran? I have changed mine too and I have noticed a lower idle speed, a little different sound but better mid range.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have an Arlen Ness sitting in the shed waiting to install on my FXR.

Problem is, those tossa's from SOA all have one So they have ruined it for the rest of us.

SOA that's South America but my Spanish isn't so good. What's a tossa?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Tossa would loosely translate to dickhead..lol

I prefer my engine Blown NOT Stroked!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I had the small one on my FXDWG3 it really is for looks( which I love) , I never found it provided any significant wind reduction.

The Ness is a bit better, Givi makes one as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts