V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been involved in three threads (google ads, site ownership and pirated password) that were closed within less than 24h after opening. Impressive I must say. I am going to be a little more careful what I communicate in PMs just as a safeguard........

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
I've noticed the same. I have not commented in those threads, but I certainly don't like the trend I'm seeing. Seems the ban button got pretty big too.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Just a guess, but someone just worked VERY HARD to fix a problem caused by the troublemakers on this site. I'm thinking the topic of this thread and the crash are related.

I like this forum for the vast array of knowledge and willingness to help. As usual, all it takes to cause problems are a few spineless cs troublemakers looking for attention.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Look......It's simple. Follow the rules you all agreed to when you signed up or take a hike. I haven't got time nor the desire to involve myself with juvenile drama. You are guests in someone else's house. Their rules. Like it or leave it.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Bob,
You could have put that in just a little more courteous manner. You shot all of us in the face....and it was uncalled for. The rules in here apply to you also.

·
Just happy to be here
858 Posts
YankeeBob said:
Look......It's simple. Follow the rules you all agreed to when you signed up or take a hike. I haven't got time nor the desire to involve myself with juvenile drama. You are guests in someone else's house. Their rules. Like it or leave it.
Many of us are PAYING guests. You should remember that as you choose a more respectful tone.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
steveusmc said:
Bob,
You could have put that in just a little more courteous manner. You shot all of us in the face....and it was uncalled for. The rules in here apply to you also.
Please don't take it personally. There are a select few here who are doing nothing but stirring the pot. They know who they are. I have a few replies scattered in other threads that might explain my position better. If I deviate from the rules, don't be afraid to tell me.

This is supposed to be a forum for exchange of motorcycle related discussion, not juvenile banter. All my job here is to keep the floor swept and keep the riff-raff out. We don't have many rules here and it seems lately that there are some who wish to test those rules. If I happen to fluff some feathers the wrong way in my attempt to do my job, well then that is the way it will be.

I admitted in a previous post that I wasn't clear in something I said. I have since clarified it.

Now, I am disappearing for a day or two while I enjoy watching the birth of my first grandson. Don't expect a timely response from me.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
steveusmc said:
Bob,
Didn't bother me one bit!!!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Freeway said:
Many of us are PAYING guests. You should remember that as you choose a more respectful tone.
I agree.
I think the mods need to tone it down.

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
Just a guess, but someone just worked VERY HARD to fix a problem caused by the troublemakers on this site. I'm thinking the topic of this thread and the crash are related.
That's an interesting theory. Unfortunately I am not smart enough to know how to intentionally crash a database. Sure, if I smash enough buttons and I am sure I can break something but I wouldn't know what the hell I was doing.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
PR3VS56 said:

I like this forum for the vast array of knowledge and willingness to help. As usual, all it takes to cause problems are a few spineless cs troublemakers looking for attention.
Is this true or are they assuming this?
What's a troublemaker? Someone you don't agree with? Hell i don't agree with a lot of things i read here but i wouldn't call them trouble makers.
I'm not trying to bust on PRVS56 but it just seems there's a tendency to pull the trigger a little to fast.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
It would seem really strange to get banned from a site I pay to play on, but I guess stranger things have happened.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
mori55 said:
Is this true or are they assuming this?
What I read (on another thread) was that the crash was caused by a member. DP, "..you can also thank a "wolf in sheep's clothing" amongst us." That should tick us ALL off.

It's one thing to discuss opposing opinions, it's another when the posts are intentionally divisive. Serves no purpose.

The fact that some of us pay for our membership has nothing to do with the rules of the forum. Any respectable club or organization of paying members will have rules, AND have the absolute right to remove offenders. Just because we pay to do something -- anything, anywhere -- doesn't mean we've somehow gained the privilege to do whatever the heck we want.

In fact, as a paying member I'm delighted to see those in power enforce the rules. I happen to like it!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
....why don't we all just calm down. It's not new that threads about folks banned will be removed. That's been said over and over, remember Tourist? It ain't gonna stand, and that does not take away from this being a forum.

The "Open Forum" is not the place to hold court on how this site is run or moderated. It really does no good and will not cause a change to be effected. Please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum, your comments will reach the folks who can make the call. If your comment or suggestion is consider a good one, you may see it implemented.

DP made mention of malicious actions, and a wolf in sheep's clothing during the inspection of the DB. He also stated that the server was bombarded by message traffic. Not once did he implicate a "member in 'good' standing" was responsible. I wouldn't try to make more out of a statement made in frustration.

Being a paid member does not eliminate your chances of being banned. All members of the site are required to follow the few rules that are posted, been re-posted and stated several time.

There is no clear cut definition of a trouble-maker. You can recognize them, don't think the Mods can't. The Mods are not paid and never asked to be. We make decisions based on the tone of a post or thread. Some of you will not agree, but starting threads over and over to state you disagree is not the way to go. That link mentioned earlier will get you better results. You have every right to disagree with a Mod. I doubt you'll make any headway blasting a Mod in the open forum. Put yourself in those shoes, think how you'd react if a member did the same to you.

Don't forget the Mods are members and people too. Some are very quick to have a harsh word for one, then cry bloody murder when the harsh word is hurled at them.

Everyone will not be satisfied at any one time, we will continue to serve the majority as best we can. 10% or less of the boards population shouldn't take up 95% of our time.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
YankeeBob said:
Please don't take it personally. There are a select few here who are doing nothing but stirring the pot. They know who they are. I have a few replies scattered in other threads that might explain my position better. If I deviate from the rules, don't be afraid to tell me.

This is supposed to be a forum for exchange of motorcycle related discussion, not juvenile banter. All my job here is to keep the floor swept and keep the riff-raff out. We don't have many rules here and it seems lately that there are some who wish to test those rules. If I happen to fluff some feathers the wrong way in my attempt to do my job, well then that is the way it will be.

I admitted in a previous post that I wasn't clear in something I said. I have since clarified it.

Now, I am disappearing for a day or two while I enjoy watching the birth of my first grandson. Don't expect a timely response from me.

Bob,
Roger that...and well said. Congrats on your grandson coming....our's came home from the hospital just yesterday. Thomas Elijah...and a very fine pair of lungs too. Merle & Bentley.....pictured upper left..are good to go. Merle, the youngest, wants to keep laying down close to him....

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
PR3VS56 said:
The fact that some of us pay for our membership has nothing to do with the rules of the forum. Any respectable club or organization of paying members will have rules, AND have the absolute right to remove offenders. Just because we pay to do something -- anything, anywhere -- doesn't mean we've somehow gained the privilege to do whatever the heck we want.

In fact, as a paying member I'm delighted to see those in power enforce the rules. I happen to like it!
So I guess you agree with the mod's on the bannings that took place today.....

One thing is for sure in my book. The little rule package should have changed in OUR FAVOR since the beginning of the "pay to play package."

No one is forced to read what's here. Anything that isn't an unwarranted personal attack can be ignored, or at least taken with a grain of salt. People that don't like being disagreed with are truely the ones that should be banned.

·
Banned
254 Posts
HiAngle said:
That's an interesting theory. Unfortunately I am not smart enough to know how to intentionally crash a database. Sure, if I smash enough buttons and I am sure I can break something but I wouldn't know what the hell I was doing.
You'd have to be a pretty savy hacker in order to take down this site... I could be wrong, but I doubt any of us here would know how...

Just sounds like an opportunity for DP to lay the blame on someone else, meanwhile he's the one who left the site vulnerable by leaving a link for all the 1500+ members to continually hit while the board was down for "maintenance".

·
Banned
2,502 Posts
SportyRedhead said:
You'd have to be a pretty savy hacker in order to take down this site... I could be wrong, but I doubt any of us here would know how...

Just sounds like an opportunity for DP to lay the blame on someone else, meanwhile he's the one who left the site vulnerable by leaving a link for all the 1500+ members to continually hit while the board was down for "maintenance".
Yes...and every time somebody clicked that link, another message was sent...that's where the overflow came from, not from a " wolf in sheeps clothing".

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ufb!

YankeeBob said:
We'll I hope your tomorrow is better than today...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts