V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached is a photo of my WideGlide lifted. At a cost of nearly $600.00 over a regular bike jack it is a expense that may be hard to justify! Do I feel that the lift was worth the cost? Well, it depends on how much maintance I do and how long I have bikes. Sure will be nice to clean the Harley and I can lift it myself with no help. Anyway, I wanted to share the photo because I have gotten so much help from everyone here on the Forum.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
oaksmith said:
Attached is a photo of my WideGlide lifted. At a cost of nearly $600.00 over a regular bike jack it is a expense that may be hard to justify! Do I feel that the lift was worth the cost? Well, it depends on how much maintance I do and how long I have bikes. Sure will be nice to clean the Harley and I can lift it myself with no help. Anyway, I wanted to share the photo because I have gotten so much help from everyone here on the Forum.
Geez...I can understand the need to justify such an expense, since you're having such trouble with it I'll be glad to help by accepting the lift as a gift, it'll ease you mind of the worry and you be doing a good deed!!!:thumbsup:

The real way to measure the worth is by asking yourself how much pleasure you derive from riding, customizing and maintaining your bike...no amount of money means squat if your not happy with what it brings ya...

soooo...when do I come and pick it up :D

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
will that lift store under a jeep wrangler when it's down?
that's where i store my bike lift now...i was thinkin about a bigger lift but don't want to be trippin over it after a couple scotches in the evening.:duh?: :crying:

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
Looks great, everyone should have one in their garage (me included) :laugh:

Can't tell from the picture but it looks like it has straps on the front of the lift but it doesn't look like they are on the bike. Here is a hint ALWAYS strap the front end down, ALWAYS!!! DO NOT rely on the front tire vise to keep your bike on the lift. I have seen bikes fall (twice in one show on OCC :roflback: :roflback: ). Not the only place but I won't go into details on the other time :whistle:

Looks great and I am sure you will LOVE having it.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
oaksmith said:
Attached is a photo of my WideGlide lifted. At a cost of nearly $600.00 over a regular bike jack it is a expense that may be hard to justify!
Did you but it locally or have it shipped?

That's a sweet looking lift. $600 is a pretty good price as well.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Very nice lift. Would love to have it myself.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try to respond to everyone!

..Yes, the bike is straped down, just don't show up well in the photo.

..The life is 7.5 inches when down and would fit under most vechiles, except
for the wheel vise.

..The lift alone with a "Black Jack" siccors jack shipped was $785.00.
If you ship to a bussiness with a dock it saves you some. I work for a Budweiser distributor so that helped. It was a "Direct Lift" and is a few hunded dollars less then a Handy Lift. May not be as good, but plenty good enough for how I'm goning to use it.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I got the Direct lift as well.
I love it! Only problem is this:
I get the lift with a drop rear-end, AND the blackjack. Put the FWWG on it to start chopping. 8 weeks later, still waiting for flippin parts, its time to change the oil in the E-Glide. I hafta change it the old way, sitting on the FLOOR, because I STILL DON'T HAVE PARTS and the WG is on the lift.

sheesh.

(BUT I love the lift.) Sure beats wondering if my $100 will make it thru the oil change...

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
oaksmith said:
May not be as good, but plenty good enough for how I'm goning to use it.
Can you say why you think Direct lifts aren't "as good" as Handy lifts?

(not trying to start any arguments, just looking to educate myself) ;)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly, the Direct Lift might be as good as the Handy. I'm guilty of makine that statement without knowing what the _uck I'm talking about!
Everything I've ever read always praised the Handy and rated it the best.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
I like the lift. Looks like your at OCC. Can you easily use it as a parking spot for the bike when it is in the down position?

Got too many motors in the way as it is. 4 out in the rain under a tarp ( I hope)

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
They didn't have Direct Lifts when I bought my Handy Air lift 6 or 7 years ago. I bought the Handy because that's the one that the local Harley dealers, both Franchise and Independent use the most. The local dealer has ten of them so I know they work.

If the Direct Lift is as good as a Handy, that's fine.

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
The Handy lift is handier than the Direct Lift. :wavey:

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I've had a Handy lift for 8-9 years now and am happy with it. I just saw (2-3 weeks) ago a Kendon lift in a buddy's shop in Kansas. For personal use and the ability to stand upright, it's a pretty good deal. It doesn't have the space that a Handy or Direct lift has to lay tools, parts, etc., on the lift but I believe they have optional fiton stuff for that. Look here:

http://www.kendonusa.com/

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Handy lift is handier than the Direct Lift
Just wondering what you mean by handier? I've had the lift for a few weeks now and I already have new freinds! Thats OK with me, I'll watch and learn from people doing stuff.

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
oaksmith said:
Just wondering what you mean by handier? I've had the lift for a few weeks now and I already have new freinds! Thats OK with me, I'll watch and learn from people doing stuff.

He was making a vain attempt at a joke........:)

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
-or-

1. Play on words
2. Double entendre'
3. A pun

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
oaksmith said:
By the way, because I do not think anyone else has said it in this post, although the lift looks great (as far as lifts go), the bike looks pretty darn good too!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts