V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Live Free or Die
8,686 Posts
Here's what I know--

In the military we're taught that assumptions are based off of facts. So that said, if he made recommendations based off of "beliefs" that were void off of facts (and I believe he did) then he's wrong. No, I don't mean WMDs-- get past that argument since the freaking world, to include his own Army, believed he had them. Instead, I am talking about the force size needed, the "kumbaya" assumption, etc.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Political word massage

Let see if I gathered the concept the the General was implying: Iraq is now the land of milk and honey. Why in only another ten years and several millions of billions of dollars Iraq will become the Riviera of the Mideast. A model of democracy and civility previously unknown in the Mideast.

Overall I have my doubts as to where the General came up with the information he was passing out. Dozens of others including a White house report have come to the conclusion that there has been a minimal if any successful changes since the surge. Meanwhile the General see all these bright spots and accomplishments. I realize perspectives differ depending upon your point of view and what your evaluating.

Yet here we have the White house reporting the lack of progress in Iraq while the Pres and VP and the General tout the minimal accomplishments. ANd remember the General came to his position without having any conversations or other intervention by the big duet of George and Dick.

All I'm seeing is thousands of Iraqi's wanting to be given asylum in the US becasue their countrymen don't like them for helping the US. And these are the people who have made the imaginary improvements in the country they no longer wish to remain in.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
toybox99615 said:
All I'm seeing is thousands of Iraqi's wanting to be given asylum in the US becasue their countrymen don't like them for helping the US. And these are the people who have made the imaginary improvements in the country they no longer wish to remain in.

Just like those "poor" VietNamese people that were "our friends" while helping themselves to
any thing that wasn't tied down with the US 's help. Some of them came here with over a million dollars in gold - in 1978. The ones in power over there that "help" the Americans are really helping themselves. I just wonder if these "helpers" don't already known that we will grant them political asylum if it all goes south?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts