V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SEE DIFFERENT FATBOY'S WITH DIFFERENT EXHAUST SET-UPS? IF YOU COULD A BREIF DESCRIPTION ABOUT YOUR PIPE AS FAR AS FIT, EASE OF INSTALLATION, DISCOLORING , SOUND AND PERFORMANCE. THANK YOU.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Not the sharpest pic quality but here are my Vance and Hines Pro Pipe HS. Quality is great. Sound is medium-loud, medium tone. The nice thing about 2:1 pipes is you solve that awkward way the Right side footpeg sits plus you make room for bigger saddlebags.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are very nice looking scoots. Logical have you had any other pipes in the past to compare the Pro Pipe too. I like the way it looks. Thank you both for the pics. KEEP THEM COMING!!!

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
These are the only ones I've had on but based on a softail owned by a guy I ride with, I can say that the Thunderheader is a noticable ammount louder and maybe deeper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not the best angle, but I have Vance and Hines Big Shots Staggered. Deep rumble and great sound a bit on the loud side though...

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
RW1 said:
Not the best angle, but I have Vance and Hines Big Shots Staggered. Deep rumble and great sound a bit on the loud side though...

I too have these same pipes.... but on my ,Heritage Softail classic.... Awesome sound... and I love the way they look ..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Logical,

My 02 FLSTF is very similar to yours (black, headlight nacelle). I'm about to invest in a new seat. If you don't mind me asking, which seat are you riding on, andwhat is the frame around it. Would a sissy bar fit with the frame?

Donald

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
That's a Corbin Dual Tour seat. The frame around it is an optional rail from Corbin. I really don't know about the sissy bar thing because the seat has the dual passenger/rider backrest where the backrests plug right into the seat itself but I think it would fit...never saw it mentioned that it wouldn't and looks like it's well clear of it. The seat with all those add-ons gets expensive (I just have the one backrest but it can be used front or back seat) but it din't seem so bad when I added up all the cost for all the stuff needed to go with a HD detachable sissy bar. Here is a pic from the Corbin site with the backrests...although I have and prefer the other style with the opening.

·
Registered
18 Posts
cpbuffett said:
RW1, Do you have the baffles installed. how does it sound with baffles. how is performance. thanks in advance.
Yes, the baffles are installed. I love the sound, it's exactly how a Harley should sound a deep thunderous roar, a little on the loud side but not bad. I haven't noticed any performance difference so I would say it's small.

·
Seasoned Rider
108 Posts
Hey RW1,
Nice lookin FatBoy. Looks like you done a little customizing here and there. How about posting a picture from the side so we can check out the wheels.
Thanks,
Lubey

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lubey said:
Hey RW1,
Nice lookin FatBoy. Looks like you done a little customizing here and there. How about posting a picture from the side so we can check out the wheels.
Thanks,
Lubey
Thanks! Here are a few more shots...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has any of you guys with an 03 fuel injected bike installed a power commander. Is the power commander really needed when you change pipes?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Very Nice

Nice looking Fatboy. Same color as mine. I just have the SEII slip ons on mine now. I'm seriously considering the Vance and Hines Big shot longs as I have the 100 year saddle bags on mine. The V&H sound real good to me.

·
Seasoned Rider
108 Posts
Thanks for the pic's RW1. I love these all-Fatboy threads....i can feel my wallet opening in my pocket as I look at them. Your bike looks sweet. Mirror chrome Thunderstar wheels?
-Lubey

·
Registered
693 Posts
Here's my brother's bike with V&H Long Shots. It really complements the looks of the Fatboy & they sound awesome!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I don't think so attitude. That would be at Lake Nockamixon, about 30 minutes from where I live. It's a real nice place to visit. Check it out if you get the chance.

·
Registered
409 Posts
RW1,

Awesome Fat Boy you got there man!
What's the gauge on those guns? Is it 2 1/2"?

Hey the C5 is not bad either!
Great combo!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts