V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added this to the collection about a month ago. Handles good, brakes good, is comfortable and has enough power to keep me entertained. Added an S&S Grand National slip (no one makes a full system as of yet that's not $1K) and a FP3 with some Auto Tuning. Still harping FuelMoto to get a base tune for the Power Vision but they have yet to see a SR in the shop. S&S just released the Stealth intake which is on the way. Added an R&G radiator guard to rid the bike of a bit of weight and clean up the look, a Free Spirits sprocket guard and a tail tidy. I have sent the requested pics to Oberon to get adjustable levers made. Dunlop Q3 Plus Sportmax tires will be mounted up for spring.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I've always been interested in the XR1200 that came out in 2009 for a second bike that's a little more sporty. Gotta say that SR looks like lots of fun to me!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you mention the XR. I have a '10 in the garage sharing space with two other H-D's. all red headed step children of the family.

I can say the XG750A is a better all around bike than the XR.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Nice...both look like big fun!
What are the biggest differences between the two as far as riding? Power? Handling? Comfort?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The XR is slightly more comfortable on longer rides. The XR has low end torque but and a 7K redline. The XG likes to rev with the SR having a 9K redline. 4500 and above rocks and sounds sweet. Power is similar with the SR being lighter but just feels better doing it's job. Very smooth engine with it hard bolted to the frame. The SR has a lower center of gravity and transitions much better left to right. It handles better if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Nice...The 1200 evolution engine has been around and it's fairly easy to make changes and get more out of it (lots of aftermarket parts too). Don't know too much about the Revolution 750 engine...are there options to do the same? I'm sure both are a blast but being 6'4" / 220lbs I know it wouldn't be long before I'd be contemplating a winter project to boost power.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed a CNC lever set and the one and only intake available for the Street Rod.....the S&S Stealth. Opted for the wrinkle black "muscle" cover. Got a ride in today......probably the last of the season. This is a very bad thing because between the modified tune V&H's sent me and S&S intake this is like a whole new bike. ZERO decel popping, pulls from any throttle position, much better throttle response and revs up quicker. 'Tis going to be a long winter. The levers are not only lighter than the OEM units they are adjustable and helped the feeling of the front brakes. Not bad for $50.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts