V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to this forum. I have been reading a lot and enjoy everything that I have found. Lots of good information.

I have been riding bikes on and off since I was five. Mostly dirt bikes. Four years ago, I purchased my first Harley. A 1977 ironhead sportster. I have the bug. I also purchased my wife a 1995 883 sportster last year (she said that I could not upgrade my bike until I got her one). I could not wait to upgrade to a bigger frame bike for myself. Well three weeks ago I went all the way and purchased a 2001 Ultra Classic. It's been below freezing here in Northern Illinois for the past month, with enough snow to make it impossible to ride, and I have not had an opportunity to climb on it yet. It is killing me!! Is it summer yet?

I am looking forward to enjoying more of this forum.

Take care,

Steve M.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome Steve.

New toy in the garage and too much snow must be tough to handle.

Nice bike you have and congrats on the OL liking to ride.

Take care and post up.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome aboard. This is a great way to pass the time with good people until the weather warms enough to hit the road.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the Ultra. I don't know how you guys do it up there. I'd go crazy. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome Steve! Be a ;!pstwhore and stay awhile! Post a pic of your ride when you get a chance...

Ride safe,

Carrie

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome Small from a fellow northerner...congrats on the Ultra...got one comin' also as soon as it warms up...VTF will help pass the time while we read about all the southern boys detailing their rides.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Attached is a photo of me getting ready to take the bike in for it's 10K checkup.

It is January 14th and the temp is 29 degrees.

Is it summer yet?!?!

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Howdy and welcome. When the weather breaks enjoy that new to you scooter. Always liked the look of those peace officer editions. Ride with a freind who has one.

·
scooter coot
321 Posts
Hey Smallman, I hear you in that winter weather. Spring will soon be here. Nice scooter.
Is that a Packer hat????:yikes:

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all for the warm welcome......

Yea Britt, that is a Packer hat. Born and raised in Wisconsin.... Maybe next year, eh?!?

·
Goin' Fast with Class
372 Posts
Beaut Scoot-

Get a sidecar and some cleats, man and GO FOR IT!

I do not miss the weather in Illinois, man, let me tell ya. Near frozen me nuts off last time I was in CHI-TOWN, brutal as all buggery with that wind.

WELCOME !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts