V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got to borrow a bike from a friend and we went on a long ass ride to Galveston. The bike I used belonged to my buds girl friend. That bike was a 2017 speed master. This was the first "big" bike I have ever ridden. A weekend ride to the beach became a whole different trip. I had gotten the bug. I began searching high and low for my very own bike. I came across a Yamaha bolt I really liked riding, still do, but it was not in the stars for me. They everything started going to ****. My gal found out she was Prego, and this was supposed to be impossible. That and my truck ate ****. So I figured no bike for me, but at least I could still borrow one now and then. So on with life I went and almost a year later I was helping a border clean up Harvy mess. I was loading a pile of crap and what do I find? A 2009 HD superglide! I dug it out and pulled it to the side and when dude came out he said "whoa! What you got there? I said nothing because the question was stupid. We got to talking and he went on about why it wouldn't start, but said if I can move it out of there i could have it and the rest is history. The bike needs work. It's seriously neglected. The mileage is 23,and change and all the shine parts need attention pretty bad. The solenoid may be bad to, I still have yet to take a look at it. Anyway, this bike was for the most part free. I'm looking for all the info I can get on my Harley and maybe even meet some folks to ride with. Have to go to work now. Nice meeting y'all and have some great hollidays

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,750 Posts
Welcome. Can't wait to hear more on this.

Flood bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. Can't wait to hear more on this.

Flood bike?

Nope. Oddly, it was on top of a bunch of pallets. All the stuff on it had been soaked though and tossed on top of it. It was pretty bad. I basically got the bike for redoing his storage into the beginning of a man cave. I tossed the seat because it smelled pretty bad. I replaced it with a stock seat. When I get it running again it's going in the shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts