V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Hands Down???
It is a great quick detailer, works good on windshield too, I even keep a small spary bottle in saddlebags.....but it has no longevity to it. ie.. sealants.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
I tried everything including "the Bom" it is good, but Dri-Wash and Guard is head and shoulders anything I have ever seen
 

·
Not-so-Fatboy
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
JQUEST said:
Zaino beats everything. Use it on my vette and road king. Costs a little more but worth it.
I second that. I have been using it forever. Havent found a good zaino product for my Fatboy wheels though.... :hmmm:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,067 Posts
3Dog said:
Hands Down???
It is a great quick detailer, works good on windshield too, I even keep a small spary bottle in saddlebags.....but it has no longevity to it. ie.. sealants.

I agree...good detailer spray...but not a complete package. My bike still looks better and lasts longer after a treatment with Crystal-Glo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Won a "Bom" cleaning kit at a poker run last year, it is a very good product. I mainly use the small bottle for long trips, helps to clean your bike when not at home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
bbqhog said:
Car cleaning products are like beer, everyone has a favorite.
I like many beers, but few cleaning products. What are Dri-Wash and Guard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
NoVA_Agent said:
I like many beers, but few cleaning products. What are Dri-Wash and Guard?
Never used it so I can say from that standpoint. I have read hundreds of post on various forums about it....none of them positive....things like multi-level marketing and kerosene.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Mr. Clean AutoWash

For overall cleaning, I like the Mr. Clean AutoWash system. Bit more money than others but does great job. For the details, I found either S100 or H-D cleaners to work well. Just my experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Dri,Wash and Guard is a waterless cleaner that cleans, conditions and seals in one step. You can even use it in direct sunlight. It is all I have ever used on my 2000 Ultra and it still looks brand new. As for kerosene I have had no experiance nor heard that rumor and the marketing thing...well if you have a good product and you do not sell it in stores, someone is gonna take exception to it. I am not trying to peddle this stuff on here (I respect the sponors) I am merely passing on my opinion on something that works for me....I sing the praises of HDWRENCH,AMSOIL and various other products I like any no one minds that. If anyone wants more info on DWG PM me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,185 Posts
I'm really interested in trying the Bom and just emailed them with some questions. The problem I have is that I can't believe that you can just spray Bom a dusty Black bike and wipe with their cloth and not wind up with ANY swirl marks....It kinda sounds to good to be true. I use the Mister Clean auto wash and then a good wax but on trip I would love to be able to just squirt some stuff on and wipe the bike clean. Has anyone tried this dry wash, spot detailer in this situation on a dusty or slightly dirty BLACK bike??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Plexus

I've had good luck with Plexus for on the road quick clean/shine. Primarily for plastic windshields but works nice on the rest of the bike too. Spray/wipe.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,069 Posts
This is all well and good, but due to the recent influx of posts relating to riding as opposed to cleaning, I've decided that I will never again wash my bike. I just can't give up the riding time...

%[email protected]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
176 Posts
ShakyJake said:
Dri,Wash and Guard is a waterless cleaner that cleans, conditions and seals in one step. You can even use it in direct sunlight. It is all I have ever used on my 2000 Ultra and it still looks brand new. As for kerosene I have had no experiance nor heard that rumor and the marketing thing...well if you have a good product and you do not sell it in stores, someone is gonna take exception to it. I am not trying to peddle this stuff on here (I respect the sponors) I am merely passing on my opinion on something that works for me....I sing the praises of HDWRENCH,AMSOIL and various other products I like any no one minds that. If anyone wants more info on DWG PM me.
just bought some. 64 oz. for 30 bucks. i'll let you know after i get done from feeling the pain of shoveling the 16" off my driveway in jersey! :wacko:
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top