V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Road Hawg
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of trading in my 2001 Electra Glide Classic for a brand new 2006 EGC. Nothing really wrong with mine, I just want the new Delphi EFI, new radio (with CD), new tires, warranty, etc. Anyway, I have only seen this a few times in my searches, but it was enough to catch my attentionCan someone explain what the difference is between the 2006's and previous years EPA requirements? I have seen posts about it being crap, and one that said something about requiring a windsheild sticker. I understand they have a catalyst in the right muffler, but I will replace that immediately anyway. Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

·
Road Hawg
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input, it is all taken seriously and appreciated.

I am not trading in just to get new tires. I am tired of searching for accessories, and always seeing them available for 02-05 and now 06. I finallly have the money to do what I want to a bike, and can't find things like cruise control for my '01. It's frustrating.

I am also not concerned about the legality of what I do to a bike. The shop that sells and installs a Vance and Hines exhaust had better stand behind me when a warranty issue arises. What I am concerned with is that there may be something the MOCO designed differently to comply with EPA that would prevent me from doing something.

Some things I want to do:
Self-adjusting primary
exhaust (really like the look of V&H ovals)
High flow intake (SE or other)
Studded mustang seat and backrest

Maybe next year at bonus time some gear cams and 95"

Then maybe that blonde 20 yr old....oops, I digress

·
Road Hawg
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LAF said:
Well there are some other difference's, like smaller injectors, cats in the pipes, o2 sensors,compensator sprocket being located further out on the pinion shaft, etc. Don't know if you could get 3.37 gearing on an 06 bike right now, or at least the Dyna's.
Pk, forgive my ignorance, but why would I want 3.37 gearing? Isn't the stock 3.15 better for mileage and keeping rpm's lower? Are smaller injectors a problem if I want to do performance upgrades down the road? Can they be replaced with bigger? Sorry if I am asking dopey questions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.