V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
21,638 Posts
wvwayne said:
I do not understand why people who own bikes made before 06 think they have a free pass when it comes to changing things on their bikes. .
There have been laws since 70s, but no cats. Ask a garage to remove on your car. I think that will be the big issue.

You should be going through tires yearly on a touring bike. If you are considering getting a new bike just for tires, maybe your not putting enough miles on, and probably not worth it.

Also if you have anything on your bike think what it will cost to replace. Depending on mileage, your going to have to come up with a few grand for initial purchase and then the extras.

Myself, I am the mind that I will maintain. Theres not much to a bike. Replace what you got with better. Big bore, gears, performance clutch.

Take 5k from the new bike and put it into yours. Just my opinion. I got 2001 FLHR.

Its your money, and its always fun getting something new. I just have trouble parting with stuff. I would be looking at 2nd bike.

·
Banned
21,638 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind is a low mileage 2002-2005 with some options, like BB and pipes.
After riding wrecks for years, when I finally started making money bought only new. I did buy my bike used 7500 miles. Happy I did. There are so many extras I never would have bought, but love.

I can't see why you can't do self adjusting primary on 2006. but don't know for sure.

But if theres stuff you can't get for your bike you want, get the bike you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.