V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still not sure if I'm making a mistake my 14 ultra runs great but always wanted to try a road glide.
So question is is the 2020 M8 that much better of a motor? On my test ride today I rode a ultra CVO and a Road glide Ultra not much difference in power from the 114 to the 117 IMO and not a lot if any from my twin cam I ride now.

Dealer states they will change the handle bars in the deal to better ones

Still not sure I should go tomorrow and complete this deal or run.

about 31500 for the bike (dam seem like a lot), out the door price with my trade in 25k left to pay

Thoughts on short notice, anyone?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They are only allowing you $6k?
. well I didn't put tax and license in there more like 11k but not much for my bike but the prices have dropped on them older ones and extras on the bike you never get money back for upgrades it seems. The dealer dropped the price 2200 so either 13200 or drops the bike price its a numbers game, just where they apply the discount otherwise the bike is 33.200 or there about. so depend where you apply the discount plus free handle bar upgrade whatever a dealer would charge to install a set of bars and the bars I pick are free/included in the price

EDIT add 10 percent to cover tax and license to the bike price apoximently so over 3k there added to price above

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still not sure if I'm making a mistake my 14 ultra runs great but always wanted to try a road glide.
So question is is the 2020 M8 that much better of a motor? On my test ride today I rode a ultra CVO and a Road glide Ultra not much difference in power from the 114 to the 117 IMO and not a lot if any from my twin cam I ride now.

about 31500 for the bike (dam seem like a lot), out the door price with my trade in 25k left to pay

Fwiw i honestly don't know if that is a good or bad deal. That being said, I want to remind you that due to production being reduced on new bikes, it is having a bit of effect on used bike prices. I think of you are wanting to do the deal, use this info to squeeze some more cash out of them on your trade. I'd ask them to give you closer to private party sale than trade in price. I didn't look it up, so I don't have hard numbers for you, but if you have a great maintenance history, that is another few bucks on your trade also. I know I have had customers over the years take all my invoices with them to dealership and the dealer looks at it, and always says, " oh, Scotty has done all your work " ? It makes several k difference as I am respected here by the dealership. They sure as Hell use that info when reselling....

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
have them put the 131" in,,,, ive been riding a 2020 street glide with this engine,,, its fun,, and you will definately notice a power increase.. its not all that powerful for its size.. but more than many can handle... and its covered by the factory warranty on the bike

·
Premium Member
1986 FXRSC #3/1250 Original Owner
141 Posts
On the east coast you will get a lot more than that for your bike. Thats a $11-12,000 bike. My buddy traded a 2009 Street Glide in June and dealer gave him $8500. I thought that was a little low. Don't forget you don't pay tax on what they give you on your trade so if you get 10,000 you are paying $33,200 for the new bike you only pay tax on $23,200.
That being said I like the M-8 Heritage 114 I have a lot more than any twin cam I have owned.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have them put the 131" in,,,, ive been riding a 2020 street glide with this engine,,, its fun,, and you will definately notice a power increase.. its not all that powerful for its size.. but more than many can handle... and its covered by the factory warranty on the bike
Well in California I was informed by the dealship that the 131 is legal here in the state (strict California air resources board is my guess on that) the dealership cannot install the 131 in California so I have to go to Nevada or Oregon somedays I hate this state more than my normal disdain for it

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buy one a year or two old, let someone else take that initial depreciation.
I have done that more than once but the M8 road glide limited seem a lil scares in the used department here anyway

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fwiw i honestly don't know if that is a good or bad deal. That being said, I want to remind you that due to production being reduced on new bikes, it is having a bit of effect on used bike prices. I think of you are wanting to do the deal, use this info to squeeze some more cash out of them on your trade. I'd ask them to give you closer to private party sale than trade in price. I didn't look it up, so I don't have hard numbers for you, but if you have a great maintenance history, that is another few bucks on your trade also. I know I have had customers over the years take all my invoices with them to dealership and the dealer looks at it, and always says, " oh, Scotty has done all your work " ? It makes several k difference as I am respected here by the dealership. They sure as Hell use that info when reselling....
Maintenance history is great from when I bought it but I bought it used. I had it for sale and no bites I think the virus and more people seem to migrate to the dealer to buy bikes used and new it seem cause I have a competitive price on it compared to other bikes and I had better upgrades too.....

·
Registered
2013 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
51 Posts
Back in the fall of 2019 I test road a Street glide and a EG Ultra, Nice rides, But I couldn't make the Cost work out.
I ended up Buying a Nice Low Mile 2013 EG Ultra, for 13K, Also a Nice Ride, To tell you the truth,
I couldn't see paying 13k-15k more for the 2019 EG Ultra, The 2019 wasn't all that much better, To me.
I 'm very satisfied with my 2013 EG Ultra.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Still not sure if I'm making a mistake my 14 ultra runs great but always wanted to try a road glide. If you have 25 k , & want it go for it, read the reviews on the M8 engine , they have had some issues with them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts