V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 Triumphs and a Confederate in my garage. I saw some really good reviews on the Softail Standard...I went into the Harley "Clothing Store" to see it in person. I liked what I saw...and I liked the price. I look at the bike as a relatively (with respect to other Harleys) a cheap platform that I can heavily customize into my vision of what a Harley should be.

I know it is a bare bones bike....but what does the group think about it as a first Harley?
My other bikes are a:
modified 2008 Triumph Rocket
a heavily customized 2018 Triumph Bobber
a 2000 Confederate Confederado (100" S&S engine)

I did look at the Low Rider S, but I felt that it was too expensive and it had even more junk on it than the Softail Standard....
Most stuff I see on Harleys I would want to strip off if they were my bikes...

·
Registered
2015 Softail Heritage Classic
2 Posts
If it hadn’t found a really good used heritage classic, it would be one of the top of my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up getting a 2020 Low Rider S - Silver (the dealership I settled on going to didn't have any black ones). Good bike, needs a lot of modifications to get it to become the type of bike I would be proud to own and ride. I put in a thousand miles on it, waiting for the backlog at the local dealer to go down for its first service interval.
I have a Stage 4 kit, forward foot controls, and risers coming in.
Got in a new tail light from Moons MC with integrated turn signals, and hard saddle bags in from Viking.
Placed an order with Two Brothers for one of their 2 into 1 exhausts...the stock exhaust makes the bike sound like a sewing machine (I hate it).
If the handle bar risers don't quite work out...I will get Lucky Daves 13" bars
I swapped out the stock seat for a Saddleman
Looking at BST Carbon Fiber Wheels (very expensive...but with a new suspension...it should be wildly different and much improved) and different suspension (Ohlins, RWD, Progressive)
I don't like the turn signals...going to replace the rear with the Moons MC integrated tail light...and replace the front with LED Motogadget Lights.
Looking at RWD's FXRT fairing...also found a place in Europe that makes one in Carbon Fiber

If I turn the bike into a Torque Monster down the road...I will have to dump the belt final drive for a chain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts