V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Tri Glide with the 103 ci engine. As you know, the catalytic converter is inside the header pipe just proximal to the slip-on muffler. I want to replace the stock header with the Jackpot 2-1-2 stainless steel header pipe.

I have a decent set of tools, including torque wrenches. My mechanic skills are "intermediate." Have any of you replaced the header on your 103? How difficult is the job? Would you recommend having a pro do it, or should I give it a try? (Accessing the mufflers under the trunk of the Tri Glide is a bit difficult, as the rear end of the trike must be raised on ramps or jacked up.)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I have a 2010 Limited and Installed head Pipe myself. Just be patiant as things come together.. I'm sure you can do the job..

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I have a 2011 Tri Glide with the 103 ci engine. As you know, the catalytic converter is inside the header pipe just proximal to the slip-on muffler. I want to replace the stock header with the Jackpot 2-1-2 stainless steel header pipe.

I have a decent set of tools, including torque wrenches. My mechanic skills are "intermediate." Have any of you replaced the header on your 103? How difficult is the job? Would you recommend having a pro do it, or should I give it a try? (Accessing the mufflers under the trunk of the Tri Glide is a bit difficult, as the rear end of the trike must be raised on ramps or jacked up.)
What you need to do is follow your owners manual on how to jack up the rear of the TG. You must use a scissors jack and strap the front end down. I believe there was a picture in a post on another Forum showing you how to do that.

Once you get that done it is not that difficult. Give it a try.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have no experience with the TG but recently put Python headers on my 103 RKC with no problem, and I've been known to screw stuff up. Easy to get to all the nuts and bolts you need to play with. I can't imagine that the TG is much different in that respect from my RKC. Good luck, it makes a difference. Add the stage one and some good mufflers and you'll have a rocket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts