V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST FINISH INSTALLING MY NEW( LEGEND AIR) SUSPENSION AIR RIDE ON A 2002 FAT-BOY
WHEN I ORDER MY SUSPENSION THEY ASK ME IF I WANTED THE DOUBLE GAGE MOUNT KIT FOR THE PRESSURE GAGE FOR A EXTRA $200.00 US SO I ASK THEM IF IT CAME WITH ALL THE HARDWARE NEED IT TO INSTALL IT (HOSE,INSTRUCTIONS,ADAPTERS,ETC) OH..
YES SR, IT COMES WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO INSTALL IT, SO I GOT IT!
THE SUSPENSION CAME WITH A GREAT INSTRUCTION MANUAL AND I WAS ABLE TO INSTALL IT IN ABOUT 3 HOURS THE PRESSURE GAGE CAME WITH NO INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL NO FITTINGS NO NOTHING ONLY A HOSE THAT WAS TO SMALL TO BE CONNECTED TO THE PRESSURE BULB IN THE FRONT RIGHT SIDE OF THE ENGINE SO I DECIDED TO CALL THEM AND ASK THEM.... I WAS ON THE LINE FOR MORE THAN 20 MINUTES TALKING TO THE EVERYONE IN THE SHOP
NO ONE COULD TELL WHERE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO FIX AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FITTINGS SO THEY ASK ME TO CALL THEM BACK THE NEXT DAY,THING THAT I DID SO THEY TOLL ME,THAT THEY WILL SEND ME A NEW HOSE AND THE FITTINGS BUT THEY HAD TO CHARGE ME, WELL I AGREED AND GAVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER,AFTER A FEW DAYS I GAT THE PACKAGE ONLY TO SEE THAT THEY HAD SENT ME THE SAME HOSE!! SO I CALL THEM BACK AND WROTE THEM A E-MAIL , SAME THAT THEY ANSWER BACK TELLING ME THAT, THEY DID NOT HAVE THE TIME AND RESOURCES TO DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM,THAT I HAD TO FIND THE RIGHT HOSE MY SELF,THAT THIS THINGS HAPPENED WHEN YOU ARE CUSTOMIZING A BIKE AND MAYBE MY FAT -BOY 2002(MEXICO)WAS DIFFERENT FROM THE ONES IN USA, THAT THEY GAT THIS KITS FROM ARLEN NESS SO IF I HAD ANY PROBLEMS TO CALL THEM, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!! THE TIME AND RESOURCES!! THEY
SURE HAD THE TIME AND RESOURCES TO CHARGE ME $2,200.00 US BUT THEY DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO FIX A PROBLEM THAT THEY SELL. SO BE CAREFUL IF YOU WANT TO GET ONE OF THIS USPENSIONS,FROM LEGEND AIR, SURE YOUR BIKE WILL LOOK GREAT WHEN YOU RIDE PAST THE BOULEVARD OR SITTING OUT SIDE THE BAR ,BUT WHEN YOU GO OUT RIDING DO NOT BE TRICK WITH THAT SAID: IT RIDES LIKE A CADILLAC ! OR IS LIKE RIDING ON AIR! BECAUSE IT DOES NOT!! YOU WILL BE DIMINISHING RIDE FOR LOOKS AND IT IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND A MEDIOCRE RIDE IF YOU ONLY WANT YOUR BIKE FOR SHOW ROOM GET IT! IF
NOT,THINK ABOUT IT REAL GOOD................

·
Registered
104 Posts
Damn, I'd post in caps too if that was the response I got after all of that! I can only hope you cost them a LOT of business. I don't expect that kind of treatment if I spent $20 for a product, much less 2 grand!

·
Registered
5 Posts
That seems bad, but I disagree with the ride. I've got one on my Deuce, and there is NOTHING like it....I started with Progressive shocks, and they were TERRIBLE! bottoming out, sore back, and no travel was the only thing I paid for there. If you want to spend $2000 on your bike, make it a Legend Air. I got a black one for only $1600, and the customer service was TOP NOTCH! I don't know who you talked to, but I spoke with a couple girls, and another gentleman, and they couldn't have been more helpful. I know one of the guys, because I live in the same town where they operate. But there is a reason why all the top builders use their shocks....Simms, Nasi, Kendall Johnson, and Matt Hotch to name a few. So I think you all should forget what these Mexican customers are saying, and try one yourself. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I forgot to mention earlier to the airride users...Ditch the air gauge. It only confuses you, and will prevent you from really enjoying the airride. Go by FEEL, not what the pressure gauge reads, and you will be completely happy. For you Mexican fellas, another friend of mine was upset with his double gauge as well, and the Legend people BOUGHT IT BACK! If that's not service, I don't know what is. I hope you all have a change of heart.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well spike,maybe the roads in rapid city are different from the rest of the word!
next time If I need something else from legend air I should mention that I am from rapid city, that may be the problem...............hummmm?

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Spike,

I strongly feel that customer service should be top-notch irregardless where the dollar comes from. The guys from Mexico shouldnt be treated poorly just because they might not speak English as well as Americans.

I would hate to do business with a Spanish speaking company in another country and get treated like crap because my espaniol wasn't up to par.

Thats what makes this site informative and productive, all of our diverse backgrounds and cultures/languages. Everyone has their own opinion and is able to voice it on this forum.

Your comment on "So I think you all should forget what these Mexican customers are saying..." is out of line. They are merely giving their opinion on the product and its up to each consumer to decide how and if they want to spend their money.

You don't happen to work for Legends do ya?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everyone,
I meant no wrong by the use of the word "Mexican"....just simply stating where they were from. I will use better judgement next time.
True, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Bad experiences can ruin a relationship with a company, believe me, I know. I was just sharing my good experience with the rest of you. There is two sides to every story.......
I wish I worked for Legends...they've got a bitchin shop, and the bikes they put out are incredible! I do know one of the guys, met him at a run before I bought my kit.
Cefrino, I would be pissed, too. Have you located a oil line long enough, yet? If so, maybe let them know.
Well, I'm off to Sturgis for a few cold ones.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The word "MEXICAN" did not bother me, In fact I am very proud of being one, I do a lot of business with people in the U.S.A. and believe me I know very nice people as well as very nasty people, the same thing happens with the people that I know in Mexico or the rest of the word and the one thing that I am sure of is that there nationality has never influence in my decision, Well D. Price I appreciated your comment as well as the clarification from spike, the thing here is that we all love bikes and riding bikes and if one of you is able to make it to Mexico city for the H-D 100 years celebration I will be glad to ride with you.
As far as problem with the dual gage from legend I gat the correct hose and everything is fine but thanks for your help anyway SPIKE......

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI,I THINK THAT THERE ARE 2 PROBLEMS :

1-THIS SUSPENCION IS FOR SHOW USE ,IT IS VERY COOL TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL THE RIDE HEIGHT THE QUALITY IS VERY GOOD,THE AIR COMPRESOR IS VERY SLOW .AND THE RIDE QUALITY IS NOT THE BEST .
I AM SHURE THAT THEY ARE DEVELOPING A NEW VERSION MAYBE 1SHOCK WILL CONTROL THE RIDE HEIGHT AND THE OTHER ONE IS GOING TO HAVE A LITTLE SPRING TO CONTROL THE SHOCK REBOUND THAT UNDER HEAVY BRAKING OR BIG BOMPS IS IS TERRIBLE IN THIS SUSPENCION KIT...

2-WE RECIVED A VERY GOOD SELLING SERVICE,BUT WHEN WE NEEDED
SOME TECHNICAL ADVISE THINGS CHANGED 360° THEY DIDNT TOLD US WHERE TO INSTALL THE $200 USD OIL PRESURE OPTION,THEN THEY SEND US THE SAME WRONG HOSE (CHARGING US THE SHIPPMENT )
AND THE WORST THE PRESIDENT ANSWERED LIKE THIS

I DONT HAVE THE TIME OR RESOURSES TO HELP YOU ...

I THINK THAT THESE KIND OF ANSWER COMING FROM THE PRESIDENT OF ANY KIND OF COMPANY IS COMPLETLY AMAZING,INCREDIBLE,UNACCEPTABLE ETC....

MAYBE I AM WRONG BUY I WILL NEVER DO THESE TO A CUSTUMER.....

THANKS

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
spike said:
For you Mexican fellas,
Thank fu(k I don't speak Irish!!! :rolleyes:
(robbed at birth)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I purchased the Legend about 3 to 4 weeks ago. When I first got it I thought it rode well. After trying to adjust it to different pressures to get the best one for me, I started thinking that I had made a mistake. I finally got some advice that put me on the right track -- don't pay too much attention to the guage. My advice is to forget about the pressure guage and inflate it about all the way. Then release pressure to get the ride you want. I spent about 2 weeks of discomfort in the low range bottoming out. I was trying to inflate it to the recommended pressure and it was way too low for me -- 180 pounds. I really like the system now that it is properly inflated. The ride is much softer and better than the stock suspension on my Heritage. I am sorry some of you are having problems but don't give up too soon. It is giving my back the relief I was looking for when I purchased it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.