V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST FINISH INSTALLING MY NEW( LEGEND AIR) SUSPENSION AIR RIDE ON A 2002 FAT-BOY
WHEN I ORDER MY SUSPENSION THEY ASK ME IF I WANTED THE DOUBLE GAGE MOUNT KIT FOR THE PRESSURE GAGE FOR A EXTRA $200.00 US SO I ASK THEM IF IT CAME WITH ALL THE HARDWARE NEED IT TO INSTALL IT (HOSE,INSTRUCTIONS,ADAPTERS,ETC) OH..
YES SR, IT COMES WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO INSTALL IT, SO I GOT IT!
THE SUSPENSION CAME WITH A GREAT INSTRUCTION MANUAL AND I WAS ABLE TO INSTALL IT IN ABOUT 3 HOURS THE PRESSURE GAGE CAME WITH NO INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL NO FITTINGS NO NOTHING ONLY A HOSE THAT WAS TO SMALL TO BE CONNECTED TO THE PRESSURE BULB IN THE FRONT RIGHT SIDE OF THE ENGINE SO I DECIDED TO CALL THEM AND ASK THEM.... I WAS ON THE LINE FOR MORE THAN 20 MINUTES TALKING TO THE EVERYONE IN THE SHOP
NO ONE COULD TELL WHERE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO FIX AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FITTINGS SO THEY ASK ME TO CALL THEM BACK THE NEXT DAY,THING THAT I DID SO THEY TOLL ME,THAT THEY WILL SEND ME A NEW HOSE AND THE FITTINGS BUT THEY HAD TO CHARGE ME, WELL I AGREED AND GAVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER,AFTER A FEW DAYS I GAT THE PACKAGE ONLY TO SEE THAT THEY HAD SENT ME THE SAME HOSE!! SO I CALL THEM BACK AND WROTE THEM A E-MAIL , SAME THAT THEY ANSWER BACK TELLING ME THAT, THEY DID NOT HAVE THE TIME AND RESOURCES TO DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM,THAT I HAD TO FIND THE RIGHT HOSE MY SELF,THAT THIS THINGS HAPPENED WHEN YOU ARE CUSTOMIZING A BIKE AND MAYBE MY FAT -BOY 2002(MEXICO)WAS DIFFERENT FROM THE ONES IN USA, THAT THEY GAT THIS KITS FROM ARLEN NESS SO IF I HAD ANY PROBLEMS TO CALL THEM, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!! THE TIME AND RESOURCES!! THEY
SURE HAD THE TIME AND RESOURCES TO CHARGE ME $2,200.00 US BUT THEY DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO FIX A PROBLEM THAT THEY SELL. SO BE CAREFUL IF YOU WANT TO GET ONE OF THIS USPENSIONS,FROM LEGEND AIR, SURE YOUR BIKE WILL LOOK GREAT WHEN YOU RIDE PAST THE BOULEVARD OR SITTING OUT SIDE THE BAR ,BUT WHEN YOU GO OUT RIDING DO NOT BE TRICK WITH THAT SAID: IT RIDES LIKE A CADILLAC ! OR IS LIKE RIDING ON AIR! BECAUSE IT DOES NOT!! YOU WILL BE DIMINISHING RIDE FOR LOOKS AND IT IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND A MEDIOCRE RIDE IF YOU ONLY WANT YOUR BIKE FOR SHOW ROOM GET IT! IF
NOT,THINK ABOUT IT REAL GOOD.................

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Damn Caferino, that does not sound like it was a pleasant experience. For $2200 they should be kissing your a$$! Maybe there are other vendors that carry this same product. Who exactly did you order this from? Website?

Bet it sure will look good once you get it installed. Please take some pictures for us to see.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In fairness to Legend, my installation was done at our local shop with no problems. I have only had it on for about 2 weeks. It was in and out of the shop in a few hours. It rides better than the stock suspension. I have been trying to get the best setting by going from too hard to too soft. I seem to like more than the recommended pressure in the system because then it never hits bottom on hard jolts. With the stock suspension, my lower back really bothered me when it ran out of suspension on rough bumps. It doesn't ride as well as touring bike but it is better than it was. The pressure guage changes somewhat after you dial in a certain pressure and then ride the motorcycle. On my Heritage Softail system, I was told to get off the bike to increase pressure. I don't seem to be able to add air to a certain pressure and get exactly the same ride every time. I hope it will be easier to dial in as the suspension gets broken in. After a short time, I like the Legend and I would purchase it again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was thinking of an air ride setup but I may wait for now. Sounds like a poor judgement call on their part, I thought customer service was #1. Seems their thought is customers serve themselves,,,,
Hope you get it figured out though. :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,

I have a 2000 Road Glide and the ride bites so I bought the Arnott QA1 system. Does anyone have a review on their system? I opted for the QA1 over the Aldan, but have not seen much information on how the QA1 rides. Any info would be great
Thanks

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
there is 9 million better air ride places than legends... sas, double barrel or whatever and arnott and all that.. is wayyy better for half that price.

·
Ghost Rider - IronButt
480 Posts
Caferino thanks for sharing your experience with us. For the amount of money you spent, you certainly deserved better customer support. Can't tell you how many times I've been "surprised" upon purchasing replacement parts from HD or upgrades from aftermarket vendors, only to find missing pieces that should have been included. Most parts vendors (not all!) cater to professional builders, even though they sell retail to the open public. I personally wouldn't care, as long as the vendors gave you some advance notice/instructions to avoid the surprise effect and utilmate delays.

·
******* Extraordinaire
681 Posts
I wonder if any of these issues have been taken care of in the past 7 yrs. Because that's how old this tread is!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have ordered the Legend Air Ride kit and awaiting its arrival at the dealership. I will let them do the installation for me. I hope I have better experience, because it was highly recommended to me to improve the ride of my 2006 Softail Heritage Classic. I am aware, however, that about nine years have elapsed sinced that last complaint. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
I have ordered the Legend Air Ride kit and awaiting its arrival at the dealership. I will let them do the installation for me. I hope I have better experience, because it was highly recommended to me to improve the ride of my 2006 Softail Heritage Classic. I am aware, however, that about nine years have elapsed sinced that last complaint. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Should have gotten a Shotgun instead.

http://www.shotgunshock.com/

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the shotgun shock. It rides excellent one or two up. The full range of adjust-ability is simply amazing. I have been running this shock for about a year and a half and have no complaints at all. It is by far the best thought out air ride on the market. I have run two other brands as well and neither was anywhere near the shotgun in ease of isntall, functionality or ride quality.

I am not around these parts very often but am more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have on this shock as I have installed a few on my friends rides and ride my bike with this setup daily.

No, I do not work for Shotgun shock, just another satisfied customer. [email protected]

·
Site Sponsor
379 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts