V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do these bidders ever think of picking up the phone and calling a few dealers? I can get all the 2003's I want at MSRP.

in case it tuns into "that" kind of thread, i'll go ahead and say it now.....the seller is not a bad guy, he is just making an investment....it's the buyers who are the morons.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848284026

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
But they have their phone line in use connected to E-Bay, and have never heard of a "Broadband connection" ala cable modem or DSL :D

How can they call the Dealers? :D :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Seller will never collect. As far as i can tell most don't at that price range on ebay.

·
Just bad
698 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised. There have been many items I have been bidding on only to see the price approach market retail. When it gets to about 75% of retail, I'll just go to the store as the extra 25% is worth having a real person to go to for warranty/service on the sale.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I sold an 01 Fatboy on Ebay this year for $25k. The guy that purchased the bike wired the funds into my checking account within 2 hours of our agreement. He was in Kansas City and I'm in Northern California.
He was happy as hell, loves the bike and feels he got a great deal.

This Fatboy was far from stock though.. nickp.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Holy Toledo (is that in Kansas?) Batman -- Wooosh !! That pretty much floored me. I had no idea people were paying that much -- and used? (copied tadams6580 words)
It must be for all the extras the owner put on because I don't get it.
I'm with thomas_l
because I'd rather have a new bike (plain -- no chrome) with a warranty. It doesn't sound right for me to say, "no chrome" because the wide glide does come with some.
Thanks for sharing logical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts