V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone:

I am new here and have enjoyed the many threads posted within this website, in fact, I like them so much that I decided to post my own. My husband and I currently ride a 98 Heritage Springer Softail and I am in the process of obtaining my Motorcycle license.

I am one day away from placing a deposit on a 2003 Dyna Lowrider at our local Harley dealer or I can choose a 1971 Sportster for $3000. I am having an internal war with myself and was looking for some input from other female Harley Enthusiasts.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback,

Renee

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Welcome aboard, GoneRiding! If you can afford it, go with the lowrider! Don't think you will regret it. Before buying the bike though, I would take the class first. I've heard too many stories of women taking the classes and then realizing it wasn't for them. My sister is one of those women!

Anyway, enjoy the board and post often!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

Thank you very much for your feedback. I have already tried the riding thing with my husband, I am currently riding a Yamaha 400 and I have drove the Heritage on the backroads with him on the back - just in case.

The first time I drove the Heritage was on Father's Day and there was a man and a woman parked on the side of the road, while I was rounding the corner. I am sure it must have looked funny to see me driving with my husband on the back - so I yelled out "That's right, who's your daddy"!

I am having so much fun driving, that I am not sure if I will enjoy the back seat much longer. I have owned horses for 10 years and I find a lot of my saddle experience has helped me with balance on the bike.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Howdy!

GR, you are my kinda gal! I have two horses as well and found (believe it or not!) that it was quite helpful knowing how to ride the soft kind before hoppin on the mecha! I have a fat boy but almost went for the lowrider. A friend of mine who owned both almost quit riding because the sporty was too uncomfortable. She now has a FB too! :D

Welcome!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Alright!

I have Arabians and have been doing rodeo for quite some time, I am not sure which sporting event will give me the most Adrenaline for my money! We recently purchased our Heritage and I have not been out to ride the horses as often, I love riding the Harley so much that I have neglected them. My two year old is just at the point where I am ready to throw a saddle on him.

I definitely like the fat boy, I am meeting with the dealer tomorrow after our Poker Ride and maybe I will change my mind after I sit on the bikes one more time.

I look forward to keeping in touch with you all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.