V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was raised with TCB, and have to wonder if there are any folks out there that can remember the show? I have a sissy bar with the circle triangle eye. My wonderings are.. does anyone know what that symbol meant?????

·
Registered
34 Posts
All seeing eye

Ancient Masonic Symbol,"all seeing eye",The" Supreme Grand Architect" is always watching.

I grew up watching Bronson,I suppose that is why I ride a sporty now.
Ben in Texas
XL1200C'03

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Between Bronson on his Sporty and Capt America and Billy on their Panheads in my teenage years along with that magical sound they were the inspiration for me riding a Harley . I suspect I share that with a lot of folks

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I remember the show and watching it around '71 -'72 but not many details. I discovered Boones Farm (Strawberry Hill), Young Women, and Demon Weed about '73. The rest of the '70's are just a blur, I have a good memory, it's just short as hell. I do remember a lid was $20.00, 6 pack was $1.83 w/tax included at a quick stop.

·
In disguise
2,697 Posts
By critical standards, the show may not have been that good, but boy I never missed it.

I couldn't afford a Sportster in those days (As I recall in 1974, they were about $2800.00 new.) so I bought a new Triumph Trident ($1999.00). I took a trip on it and was in a small town in south Georgia getting a burger--the bike out front with a bedroll tied on the front fender and a duffel bag bungeed to the sissy bar. I overheard a little boy tell his friend as he pointed out the bike "Look, Then come Bronson". Regardless of the slight grammatical errror, the fascination in his voice was clear.

I wonder if that kid, now grown, has a bike?

·
In disguise
2,697 Posts
2kflhr said:
I discovered Boones Farm (Strawberry Hill), Young Women, and Demon Weed about '73.
Please, stop. The mention of Boones Farm (Apple, in my case) gives me flashbacks of my entire torso hanging out of the back window of a 1966 Ford Galaxie as I projectile vomited all the way back to my dorm after downing two bottles of that stuff at happy hour. All I remember is the sight of passing pine trees in the side glow of the headlights. Then it was morning.

·
In disguise
2,697 Posts
Harley-Charley said:

"Taking a trip?
"What's that?"
"Taking a trip."
"Yeah."
"Where to?"
"Oh, I don't know...wherever I end up, I guess."
"Pal, I wish I was you."
"Really?...well...hang in there."

Hoo, boy. That exchange just might be the single greatest reason I ever went into a motorcycle showroom. And as they say, the rest is history.

"Going down that long, lonesome highway,
Gonna...live life my way."

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I too was inspired by "Then came Bronson" to get a Sportster. Even my conservative dad at the time gave in and excepted the fact that not all motorcycle riders were evil Hells Angels. Being my last name is Braun, he started telling the neighbors when I rode by.."There goes Braun's son". ;)

·
Banned
340 Posts
Bronson was just a wee bit before my memory began. I was still in diapers back then. Sorry old timers.
But you guys have piqued my interest. Anyone know if you can find copies of the show on video or DVD. I'd love to see a few episodes.

·
In disguise
2,697 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
After 20 years of exhaustive searching for a video of the original pilot movie, I FINALLY found it a couple years ago from an ad in National Dragster. You can get it at www.hotrodmemories.com and I think it was around $23 or so. More research turned up with the address of someone who I think is realated to someone who was involved with the show. He sells the original pilot movie plus all 26 episodes for $200 (this was a couple years ago, I already had the pilot so I paid $180 for the series) and I must tell you it is worth every penny to anyone who remembers the show. Sends chills up my spine every time I see that opening scene and hear the music. He can be contacted at [email protected]

·
Mike
112 Posts
Thats me

nidan said:
Between Bronson on his Sporty and Capt America and Billy on their Panheads in my teenage years along with that magical sound they were the inspiration for me riding a Harley . I suspect I share that with a lot of folks

Amen brother! That is what I grew up with.

Take care,
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
mhconfo
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing