V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ridin' bikes for years
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those oldtimers that remember the 1969 movie with Michael Parks, Bonnie Bedelia, Sherry North, and the later TV series, the Speed Channel is playing it on Friday, Jan 6 at 8:00 EST.

It did not have Oscar winning performances or accurate HD bikes, but it brings back memories of a different time when we were a lot younger.

There is even a website called thencamebronson.com

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
thanks for the info!! watched the series every week.

tivo is your friend.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
Friday 1/6 at 1 PM was confirmed by tivo also.
speed channel,

thanks again

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Anybody remember the spoof 'Then Came Paulson' on the Smothers Brothers' show? Pat Paulson riding a scooter or maybe a moped with training wheels.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
It repeats at midnight.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Sinker said:
Anybody remember the spoof 'Then Came Paulson' on the Smothers Brothers' show? Pat Paulson riding a scooter or maybe a moped with training wheels.
That was a hoot!!!

Reminds me of that skit on SNL when they had Paul Simon as guest host and
'Billy Jack' had just come out. They did skit called 'Billy Paul'. He walked out with a cowboy hat that almost went down to his nose(ala 'Dark Helmet' on 'SpaceBalls').

It was the show on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and he came out singing "Still Crazy After All These Years" dressed like a damn turkey, no less. About halfway through, he stopped and said he couldn't go on and started walking off. Lorne Michaels was following him going, "No, Paul. It was great. Really, you can do this."

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Cant say that I ever saw that before
That bike took a beating huh.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah the bike took a beating, but it was always "clean" I was 14 when that show started and it was way cool and gave me a "reason" to want a motorcycle,no a Harley, no a Sportster!! I finally got one in 1973.

Movie brought back a lot of pleasant memories.

·
ridin' bikes for years
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reiview of "Bronson"

Hey all you folks that just watched the movie,

How about a "review" of it. Here are my comments:

I was surprised to see that it was a young Martin Sheen who was Bronson's friend who committed suicide. He looked like his son Emilio Estevez.

The acting definitely was not Ocscar winning caliber It's funny that 37 years ago, I loved the movie.

Bonnie Bedelia looked great in long hair!!

The bike seat sure did not look comfortable for much riding time, even with Bonnie scrunched up behind you.

The wife commented that Bonnie wore the same clothes for days, didn't have makeup or hair rollers along, etc. etc. etc.

I remember those days when traffic was light on the backroads, convenience stores with gas were not at every intersection, and small towns closed up at 6pm, except for the bars. You could always find a place to camp, or sleep in an old barn or church somewhere. No cell phones back then for instant communications. Bikes were not as reliable, but very easily fixed with a few tools. Oh well, enough nostalgia.

All in all, it was good to see it again after all these years. Now I know how my Dad feels when he sees old movies from the '20's and '30's again on late nite TV !!!!!

The best part in the show was the scene that was also used in each of the weekly series, the part where the man in the car at the stoplite asks Bronson " Taking a trip?" and "Where are you headed?". Bronson answers after a pause each time, then says "Well, Hang in There". I still use that expression today.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
It was cool seeing San Francisco, and surrounding areas of the Bay back when there weren't many tall buildings, and you were on a road all by yourself. Lots of good memories of that area, and down CA Highway 1. I just noticed Parks looks a lot like James Dean...I was always looking a the bike, and trying to see up Bonnie's dress...lol.

Thorns

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
As someone who was born the year the movie came out, I was surprised to find out that Bruce Willis' wife in 'Die Hard' was such a hottie when she was young. I had no idea. I love those 60's chicks.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
If you had a little VCR problem last night (Estrogen Poisoning) like I did, it's on again Fri, Jan 13 12:00PM.

·
ridin' bikes for years
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cal king custom said:
I must have forgot how the sportsters back then could change into bultacos when it came time to climb hills.

The best part is that when a Sportster changes into a 2-stroke single cylinder bike, it still has the V-twin 4-stroke sound effects!!!!!!

·
Riding yr rnd in sunny FL
309 Posts
billgran said:

The acting definitely was not Ocscar winning caliber It's funny that 37 years ago, I loved the movie.

QUOTE]

Same thing I thought. I loved the movie back then but it seemed a little boring watching it again now. Same with Easy Rider.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts