V-Twin Forum banner

81 - 100 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Well, I reckon this begs the questions:

What is the "dumbest thing you've heard"?

and

If you don't care then why are 2 of the 6 posts you've made over 7 months' time in this particular thread?

The dumbest thing I've heard was in a meeting when someone was trying to back up a passionate point --"It's the same, but different"

·
Registered
877 Posts
If I had run across that shirt I would have bought it too.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy you a Road Glide Special.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,015 Posts
Dumbest thing I've heard. Wondering what grade some ya are in. Put ur knees in breese and go. If your worried about labels you have some growing up to do.
Well, I reckon this begs the questions:

What is the "dumbest thing you've heard"?

and

If you don't care then why are 2 of the 6 posts you've made over 7 months' time in this particular thread?
Too busy living a real life instead of play on the phone...but thanks for noticing how many times I've posted.
So, now it's 3 out of 7, and you obviously came back here just to look at this thread. (y)

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
what is every ones opinion on the difference. My take is if you have a bike that is a 2006 bought it new and it has less than 3000 miles on it you are a rider. i would say. lets have some posts up on differences.
For me, it really doesn't matter. I ride and that is all I care. How often I ride, is my own business. Sometimes I may get 10K miles a year in, sometimes not. I have other interests that I take some time out of riding and on top of home care. Ride when you can (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Riders:
-Only ride when wife lets them
-Don't ride in the rain
-Dont ride when it's below 70 degrees
-Ride 2-4 hours a week
-Etc

Bikers:
-Ride whenever they want
-Always ride in the rain
-Ride in cold, warm, whatever
-Ride every time they can - no matter what
-Etc

·
Super Moderator
3,087 Posts
Riders:
-Don't ride in the rain
-Ride 2-4 hours a week
-Etc

Bikers:
-Ride whenever they want
-Always ride in the rain
-Etc
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
17,008 Posts
Riders:
-Don't ride in the rain
-Ride 2-4 hours a week
-Etc

Bikers:
-Ride whenever they want
-Always ride in the rain
-Etc
I guess I'm neither. I try to avoid the rain. And that pesky work thing interferes with riding when I want. And I don't tolerate cold weather like I used to.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I base my own mood off of weather, dam I just realized I'm neither a biker, rider or poser or a club member, I'm a dam meteorologist!!!!!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
This is an old thread! But, I can't help myself. I'm bored. So let me ask you guys this... How many of you have built your own bike because you either couldn't afford a new one, or just because you wanted to? Are you "Weekend Warriors" and maybe always wanted a Harley and were finally able to buy one? Or have you always lived, breathed, and slept dreaming about your bike or your next ride with your friends?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Not to mention bikeless.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
I'm working on that, just waiting for the right moment and I'll pounce, well more likely fall on it.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
This is an old thread! But, I can't help myself. I'm bored. So let me ask you guys this... How many of you have built your own bike because you either couldn't afford a new one, or just because you wanted to? Are you "Weekend Warriors" and maybe always wanted a Harley and were finally able to buy one? Or have you always lived, breathed, and slept dreaming about your bike or your next ride with your friends?
I built my own tooth brush when I was 9, still have the scars on that move so NO have not built my own bike for a reason. I'm a more of a mood rider, it's not my main transportation.

I did meet a guy that he only owned a bike and yes he used it in any weather, I asked him how that work out being rained on and visiting your buddies home and sitting on the couch, I bet his O'Lady just loved you. He commuted from KY to IN at our dealer, Buffalo Guy might know him or seen his Green sofa parked at Bud's in Evansville, Rick was his name I believe, that was a few years back.

·
Super Moderator
20,469 Posts
Riders:
-Don't ride in the rain
-Ride 2-4 hours a week
-Etc

Bikers:
-Ride whenever they want
-Always ride in the rain
-Etc

Poser: See Shipman
Fixed it for you.

I am not a biker. No way, no how. But I do ride in the rain. My wife has very little to say about when I ride or for how long I'll be gone. I ride year round and live in PA. And how far or long I ride depends on what I'm doing at the moment. I'll ride two hours just for a little evening run.

·
Registered
17,008 Posts
81 - 100 of 168 Posts