V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is every ones opinion on the difference. My take is if you have a bike that is a 2006 bought it new and it has less than 3000 miles on it you are a rider. i would say. lets have some posts up on differences.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,014 Posts
Some folks worry way too much about labels, and then get their feelings hurt when someone uses the "wrong" one.

Some folks think there is a difference between being called a "rider" or a "biker". Whatever someone is calling you is based on what THEY think and you really shouldn't care about that.

Some folks associate "brotherhood" with motorcycles, or a particular brand of motorcycle, or maybe how you dress when you ride your motorcycle. There is a word for guys who are obsessed with fashion, but I digress...

Call me what you want. If you are that concerned with how many miles I ride or what kind of bike I ride or what I wear when I ride then you will never know anything about ME. That is the opposite of brotherhood.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Just having a beard, you get profiled. Thats society for you.

·
Super Moderator
20,467 Posts
what is every ones opinion on the difference. My take is if you have a bike that is a 2006 bought it new and it has less than 3000 miles on it you are a rider. i would say. lets have some posts up on differences.
That just means you don't ride.

Lots of people ride thousands of miles a year. But some of them can't make a u-turn on a two lane road, or take off in a straight line. So they don't make the cut as Riders.

Bikers is a lifestyle. Lots dress the part, but few walk the walk.

Riders are people who have demonstrated a skill set. Chicken strips is one of the tells on that. They ride whenever the road is ice free and rain is just an inconvenience to them.

And then there are the Motorcycle Enthusiasts, Posers, RUB's, and GDSO's.

And lets not forget the Motorhead's.

·
Registered
135 Posts
As Therm said, riders ride motorcycles, some may be bikers. Biker is a lifestyle, seen some that ride, seen some that do not that just wear the clothes and live the biker lifestyle. And then there are the wannabe's.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I dislike labels, I could be a biker for 45 years and as soon as you label me "Biker" I'll rebel, I'm a guy that rides scooters or I could be a Motaur.

Reactions: motorfide

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Riders are bikers, bikers are riders. But 3000 miles in 14 years, you're neither.
agreed. those are the guys who have every t-shirt that said harley on it. never rides. but has the bike i see it too often.. and when they do ride. it is a dress up contest. it makes me laugh. i was just testing the waters

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I have a dew rag!

1 - 20 of 168 Posts