V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sportster as we know it as dead. The Sportster as we will come to know it is rolling off the line at Eden Rd. Mid year 21 intro. So if they are staying with the February start of the model year, then it should be at dealers next month. Or sooner, the PA was in show rooms weeks early.

Its more or less the sport scooter we have been looking at pictures of for over a year. Same wet engine as the PA, but tuned so that the HP rating is lower. Probably has more mid range cam timing and can't show a horse power gain because of the exhaust restriction. But it will be almost double what the 1200 is putting out.

No one in the know is talking, but the rumor mill says that Evo Sportster production has all but ended.

And one thing is for certain, this new Sportster ain't no girls bike.

·
Registered
17,655 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Now, that's just what the world needs. A $15-20K Sportster.

I think they should have gone retro. A new generation of Ironheads. We'd see how many people really want to ride a Sportster.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
How much would it cost to double the HP on a current 1200 and keep it reliable?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No idea what it costs. But this new CEO has made it clear that he has no love for product that is not targeted at the upper demographics of society.

Last I looked, an entry level Evo Sportster was sub $10k before the dealer got his adding machine fired up. I seriously doubt that this new one will be that cheap. I would think high $14's to start.

From what I have read on this new motor, the 1250's are the upper end. There was also a 99x and a 750. Both of which are needed for class racing. So I suspect we will see some smaller displacement wet Sportsters too. And a 750 might be sub 10K still.

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much would it cost to double the HP on a current 1200 and keep it reliable?

Double the power, and reliable $10k. That takes inches, and big inch sporty cases ain't cheap.

·
Registered
17,655 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Here in Southern Indiana if you a looking for a bike the pickings are slim indeed. It has been that way all spring and summer. But there are some Sportys available.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I saw list price numbers of $14,999. Before dealer prep?? I looked at a new 2021 Street Bob (list also $14,999 ?) by the time I got to the bottom line - it was well north of $20,000! didn't buy it......................
Any modifications have to be dealer installed S.E. parts; even the exhaust. You are not allowed to even substitute EPA approved aftermarket parts w/o forfeiting your warrantee - I think i'll go look at the Indians????:unsure:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I sit on a Panamerica the other day, I am 6'2" and it was way to tall for my comfort.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts