V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I stayed on the QM a few years ago. It is absolutely gorgeous inside. The cabins are kinda small but very cool. I love the art deco throughout the vessel. If memory serves, there is a "haunted" area. It is in Long Beach, CA.

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
Way back when I was living in SoCal in the 70's, my neighbor was head of the wood shop that was doing the restoration on her. He took me on a couple guided tours of what he was working on. Bet it looks better now.

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts
Is the Spruce Goose still there too?

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,357 Posts
The Spruce Goose is at the Evergreen Museum in McMinnville, OR.
just south of Portland.
Have you seen it? I'd sure like to.

joe

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,357 Posts
Twice, and will go again, saw it when it was next to QM in LB, McMinnville has it displayed way better, and for an additional $55 you can take the guided tour on the flight deck.
$55 just for the flight deck?!? How much for the whole damn thing?

joe

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts
Twice, and will go again, saw it when it was next to QM in LB, McMinnville has it displayed way better, and for an additional $55 you can take the guided tour on the flight deck.

I have to get on that flight deck. I did not realize it and QM were separated now.

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
$55 just for the flight deck?!? How much for the whole damn thing?

joe
They have it set up so you can go into the cargo deck, but there is a plexiglass wall separating the FD and the upper deck where you can see into the wings and the engines with a docent explaining it all.
I may splurge next time just to satisfy curiosity.

·
Premium Member
6,027 Posts
Be worth it just to sit where Hughes sat the day she flew!

Move forward to 6:51 to watch the lift take over as she rotates the day Howard pushed her into the air!

http://youtu.be/YWTk0Uflyk8

The color footage of Mr. Hughes pushing her to lift!

http://youtu.be/OXZQewzdWzA

21 - 35 of 35 Posts