V-Twin Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Sams club this AM and it was PACKED... The Panic has started.... Cart after cart of 400 to 500 rolls of Toilet paper???? Not sure what the but wipe panic is about????? I wanted to yell " the sky is falling" ......
The good news is regular gas was $1.99 a gallon

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
hoarders breed hoarders, it's a snowball affect. if folks
would just buy what they need it wouldn't create shortages
for others. panic and fear is promoting greed and selfishness.

·
Registered
161 Posts
people are stupid and uninformed....lambs being lead to their slaughter.....and they prove it all the time

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'm more concerned about the economic impacts this virus is causing than the health issues. Look at the markets, more people are losing millions of dollars than there are people that will die directly. Business is being disrupted, markets falling.

The financial fallout is what will likely be remembered.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sooo, I got my haircut today and my girl told me that our toilet paper comes from China, sooo that is the big panic... I did a little research on that ( I am from Oregon and I remember a few Paper mills around) and turns out less than 10% of our TP comes from China.. America has over 150 paper mills.......

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I'd say misinformed. Way too many get their news from the mainstream media. Or worse, Farcebook.
Correct, Jon Paper was just fine, until that dam media said one state was running short on it then all hell broke loose for it, Dam Media.

·
Registered
11,077 Posts
I went to Walgreens for a prescription and 50 rolls of TP in the drive thru.lol Seriously I have a big family to take care of.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The horders and price gougers are starting to become a concern to me. Meats are out of stock, bread, cleaning supplies, etc. Getting concerned that two or three weeks I won't be able to buy another pack of toilet paper, we have enough for a few weeks right now and I hope the stupidity/insanity will fade by then. But regular groceries are going to be an issue before then, last time we were at the store we bought a normal amount of stuff, now our governor has raised the insanity level and its getting far worse. I'm betting rationing at the end of a firearm is not far away.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just think of the collateral damage... Business's will be locking their restrooms to the public because of the toilet paper shortage!
Check this out!

20200313_161512.jpg

·
Registered
11,077 Posts
The unemployment rate will skyrocket. Norwegian Airlines has laid off 3,000 people. It will be a trickle down effect. People in the big city will be hardest hit with unemployment, food shortages, evictions and homelessness. The ones with guns should stockpile ammo for hunting squirrels in Central Park. There won't be deer roaming your neighborhood anymore.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
All stocked up. We have chickens and the deer here are pretty much domesticated. They wander into my yard so close I can take one with a rock. Not skeered of nuthin!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.