V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Just retired to Florida this week. Not many curves or hills but it was 65 last night and a great night to ride. Back in NJ where I left on Monday it was 28, snow squalls and miserable. Not going to miss it at all!!
Congrats... where 'bouts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
You have hills? Must be nice. I have sand hills the remnants of ancient sand dunes. There are few curvy roads at the beach county next door so their riders come here for a decent riding day. Take heart it will be 76 Saturday......so it can rain during the night...54 Sunday.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Yeah it's actually some nice riding out here when the weather is good. I live out on a lake and there's some nice roads around with some great scenery.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Yeah it's actually some nice riding out here when the weather is good. I live out on a lake and there's some nice roads around with some great scenery.
I always wanted to go to the Outer Banks and take 64 west to Memphis, TN. I've been to most points in between on 64 never the whole route. A lot of beautiful country up your way once I got away from 95. My brother in law used to live a little east from you. His name was Return Thompson with a name like that he couldn't help but be tough and successful. Yes he had a Harley too.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,862 Posts
I always wanted to go to the Outer Banks and take 64 west to Memphis, TN. I've been to most points in between on 64 never the whole route. A lot of beautiful country up your way once I got away from 95. My brother in law used to live a little east from you. His name was Return Thompson with a name like that he couldn't help but be tough and successful. Yes he had a Harley too.

I did 64 from west of Memphis to Franklin, NC with Therm a few years back, coming back from Marble Falls, Arkansas. There was a overnight stay in Lawrenceburg, TN. That is a pretty interesting route.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm prolly the only person living in Florida that gets seasonal affective disorder. Really don't like when temps go below 80. It's 70 today, & I'm staying in with the heat going/

·
Super Moderator
19,739 Posts
I did 64 from west of Memphis to Franklin, NC with Therm a few years back, coming back from Marble Falls, Arkansas. There was a overnight stay in Lawrenceburg, TN. That is a pretty interesting route.
We spent the first part of that roll worrying about rain, which seemed to be blocking us. Then the rest of the roll we were wishing it would rain on us. That has to be the hottest run I ever made. It was like riding into a blast furnace for 100's of miles

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
46 today and cloudy supposed to start raining in an hour. NC land that I love, but not the weather.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
63° and sunny here today and I am in bed with the flu. I got the shot

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sick from the shot?

Thats what happened to me first time I ever tried a flu shot. I Was sick for 3 days

61 - 71 of 71 Posts