V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
How do the 2-2 Rinehart compare to the Thunderheader(softail EVO)?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most places they are sold out of stock.

By the end of next summer I will know enough details about the Dyno test
and the price hopefully will drop as supply increases. For at least one summer 03 i will run with a set of cycle shack slip-ons.

skno

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
There is a post down on the same topic page on this same set of pipes. Post is by nlallas. lots of info on these pipes in there.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
I'd pay $700 for 20 more HP out of a stock TC88. I guess lots of fukkers are taking the plunge at most dealers are back ordered big time. We'll see.

wyo

Plus, I like the look of dual exhaust on baggers.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
700 isnt that bad when you consider my samson true duals are 360 plus the thunderheader slipons were another 450. The Rhinehart is complete from the heads all the way back.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Praetorian said:
they must be smokin' CRACK...no F***ing way would i pay 750 for exhaust on a bike....
Saw the Rineharts on an accessorized bike at my dealer yesterday. Looked good.

In case there is any feeling we get hit with expensive accessories/exhaust, the upgraded exhaust from Ducati for the new 999 is $3300 :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Ducati Performance Termignoni 1/2 system with Carbon Fiber mufflers for my 998 was $2000! Considering that non-performance (unequal pipe length non step header) pipes for a Road King from Samson are $350 plus the addition of Samson slip on mufflers are another $365 the Rinehart's are a great deal!

So you can lose power but get the look with the Samson True Duals for $715 or get the look and add power with the Rinehart's for the same price or not much more!
Mike

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just recieved a brochure from Bub on their Rineharts. They do look nice... After reading some of the subsequent posts to this thread maybe I would condsider paying the price.
However, I have been looking at the V&H Big Shots (with the power chamber which is intended to improve TQ). The dyno comparisons in the brochure are comparing to the SE Torque mufflers, V&H Short Shots and a Thunderheader. (rats! no Big Shots to compare to!) I prefer the looks of the 2 into 2's but it seems everyone moves in the direction of 2 into 1 (V&H Pro-Pipe or the E-Pipe for true performance gains). Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
saw rinehart pipes on road king owned by don tilley in stateside nc. he is the gentleman who ran the dyno tests shown in the bub/rinehart phamphlet. pipes look good & the black tips are different.the only feature that mmight possibly allow the power & torque to be as high as stated are the graduated header fpipes. 1 3/4 to1 7/8 to 2". have not seen this done on any other exhaust system.the pipes are backordered in omaha,ne I intend to put them on my new 2003rk classic when available.its only money you know. spend it while you have it... ha !!!!!!! dono

·
Registered
79 Posts
dono said:
.the only feature that mmight possibly allow the power & torque to be as high as stated are the graduated header fpipes. 1 3/4 to1 7/8 to 2". have not seen this done on any other exhaust system.dono
Hooker's step tuned, to name at least one other - I like the looks of those a lot better. Plus you've got 3 baffles to choose from.

·
Registered
94 Posts
billy buck said:

Hooker's step tuned, to name at least one other - I like the looks of those a lot better. Plus you've got 3 baffles to choose from.
do the Hooker's come in a true dual for a 2002 flht? Is there a link, thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
nlallas said:

Thanks BB, only slip-on mufflers, guess Rinehart is the only stepped true dual exhaust for a bagger.
Yeah, but what a way to go!! They look a little too short for the softails, but I'm looking at 'em anyway, if the noise level isn't objectionable.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
My friends at Easyriders of Hunterville, NC (www.easyridersmc.com) did some dyno testing and were well pleased with the numbers. They also install Thunderheaders.

·
Registered
37 Posts
billy buck said:

Jesse James , Yaffe & Exile all offer stepped head pipes for power increases. I'm not positive what the actual diameter of the pipes are but they advertise them that way so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

As for the cost, it does seem high to me . Especially when I can get the White Bros. E series pipe for hundreds less & it's proven to make good power! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
heard they were great and of course they would come out with them after i bought and modified a pair of bub staggered duals for my scoot !!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts