V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even at it's lowest, when I first got it, my bike has had a pretty good lean when on the kickstand. Didn't bother me 'cause of the big contact patch on it.
New shocks I installed have raised it quite a bit. So now it leans over pretty bad. Seems like it would put alot of stress on the frame mount.
So, there are two length FXR kickstands and I need the long one but it seems like my kickstand comes out at like a 90 deg. angle. so how would one that is longer help? Or is the angle different on the longer one?
Maybe going taller ,still, with a 18" rear.
I'm trying to avoid adding/welding the block under the one I have.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
At that length you will have to weld up something custom. I made my own centerstand and it works far better. If you can weld you may as well go that route. After having it I would never go back to side stand

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The one from Arlyn Ness that bolts on the swingarm pivot has an adjustable thread leg. Although it still isn't long enough you could have a piece of round stock threaded and make a new leg with a foot.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Good stuff in that thread... One thing I just noticed by accident... the late '90's Sportster Jiffystand sure looks identical...In fact I lost tract of which is Sportster and which is FXR, so... maybe an Option... I will investigate more closely when it Warms again!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Good stuff in that thread... One thing I just noticed by accident... the late '90's Sportster Jiffystand sure looks identical...
In fact I lost tract of which is Sportster and which is FXR, so... maybe an Option... I will investigate more closely when it Warms again!
cool, keep us updated.....

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone.

The angle of the kickstand on the SP, RT, C and all other bikes with taller suspension is different.
Great! I assumed so but... who knows with some of the MOCO engineers. Thanks for confirming.

I remembered this comparison, there`s parts numbers measurements etc...Jiffy Stand for FXR
Excellent info, thanks for posting the link.
I think I remember someone posting a tip about installing a kickstand & spring.
He said it was easier to ,first, hook up the ends of the spring, and then second, mount the kickstand.
I don't have any experience doing a replacement but I'll find out the hard way knowing me, haha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts