V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Begins tomorrow! :D

I will fly into San Fransisco first thing in the morning and my Brothers Manny and John are picking me up.

We are hooking up with The Hippo Sunday and looks like we may hit Utah for some "Cool Wind".

I'll be wishing y'all the best and will check back in sometime the Sunday after next.

Because of my hairlip RoadKing being in the shop, brother Manny is letting me take his FAsTBoy and he is taking his RoadGlide.

This is going to be a GREAT RIDE!

Mantenga el viento en su cara, y en la libertad en el corazón mi brothers!

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Ya'll be carefull and enjoy the reunion JimmyK. Take some good snapshots for us and tell the other amigos hello for us. It's not going to be the same around here without you guys.

Later,

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hope you enjoy the trip, I'm jealous. We are definately gonna need bunches of photos from you guys! Take care and have fun !!!
Sheepboy

·
old timer
516 Posts
As I speak...er, write, er type...I am sitting here with Hippo, JimmyK and Scooter88B. We will depart with the first light of day and ride thru NorCal. The Redwoods and Pacific Coast are going to resound with the Rolling Thunder of the IHR.

Any reports you hear could be us...seismic disturbances could be created...we will report after our trip. I will complete my 10k mile month in the company of men of like spirit and in the arms of my Brothers.

Wish y'all could be here.

manny

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hazardous post

I shouldn't read these kind of posts at work. They just make my eyes glass over and I fall into a day dream. Then I don't get nuthin done. Your trip sounds great. Enjoy every minute of it. Be safe. Tell us all about it when you get back. I'll try to read the recap at home.

LTR,RTL

Holden

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Okay, I'll bite. What does IHR mean?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Thanks Straycow! Is that as in "belongs to no club/assn"?

·
Registered
684 Posts
(I gotta get rid of that horney dog!)

Is that as in "belongs to no club/assn"?
This is just a guess, but I'd say it is, in some ways, a club but it is possibly more of a brotherhood. Membership is by invitation.

Just as a general statement, and hopefully this won't be taken the wrong way by anyone, but the forum members that belong to this "club" are well respected. Let's continue that respect and not criticize their choice to be identified as IHR members. They have earned their respect because of their valuable contributions to this forum.

By the way, I am not soliciting (aka sucking up) an IHR membership! I'm already as independant as my wife will allow me to be!

PS - Sometime tomorrow, I will be asking for a moment of silence once I've shot the dog(?).

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I'm just as independent as I ALLOW MYSELF to be. To be honest, I really enjoy a long, twisty ride all by myself!:cool:

·
old timer
516 Posts
The 2002 IHR Conclave has reached it's end.

I left almost a month ago and have crossed the continent twice in search of friends and prospective IHR members(just joking). I was rewarded with 10k miles of please and the company of gentlemen.

JimmyK, Hippo, Brother John and I met back here in CA last week and began an adventure filled ride through the California Rewoods and North Coast. We are sadly reaching the end of the party. Hippo will ride out this morning and Jimmy will fly out tomorrow. We have thoroughly enjoyed the roar of rolling thunder and the raucous peal of laughter for a week.

We have enjoyed the congress that can only befall men of like mind. I am saddned that the event has to come to an end. I will daydream until the next IHR Meet.

This is a picture of IHR #1,#2 and #3 Taken by #7 with the others left laughing at the side of the road. There were a bunch of Dutch tourists there and I think one of them was a motorcycle policeman from there. He gave us postcards of Dutch Officers on BMW's as a token of his friendship.

More pictures will follow as I can figure out how to resize them.....LOL!

·
Registered
875 Posts
heres your pic cropped and resized

1 - 20 of 28 Posts