V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It begins at dawn on Saturday, November 17. I don't hunt, but I wish all the hunters good luck. Thin that herd. And be careful out there.

·
N.R.A.
772 Posts
MadCity said:
It begins at dawn on Saturday, November 17. I don't hunt, but I wish all the hunters good luck. Thin that herd. And be careful out there.
Good luck.
Thats the downside to living in the desert south west, no deer hunting. We have alot of jack rabbits the all elusive JackALope.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
We have desert tortoise hunting out here. They're slow at gettin away and all ya need is a big rock or the wheel of your motorcycle to kill em. Hell, I suppose you could just use the heal of yer boot. When baby seal huntin is out of season, ain't nothin like tortoise huntin! You just follow the little green turd trails. Cunning little [email protected] too! They tuck their little head and legs away to look like a rock.

Zoo

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
You won't go back to venison once you've eatin tortoise soup, pal. And the stories, oh the stories you'll have to tell your children! 'Bout the tortoise that got away, the tortoise that hid in the middle of the roadway, the tortoise guts that made you slip...

·
Registered
681 Posts
zoo said:
You won't go back to venison once you've eatin tortoise soup, pal. And the stories, oh the stories you'll have to tell your children! 'Bout the tortoise that got away, the tortoise that hid in the middle of the roadway, the tortoise guts that made you slip...
My grandfather loved that stuff made with turtles from the Mississippi River. It's not for me, though.

Vettely said:
Venison is good, but see if you can get them to give you some Elk. Elk is extremely good.
I have an uncle that gave me some and you're right, Elk is excellent meat.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
For those of you tree huggers that think huntin tortoise ain't sporting cause their dumb and slow; I say hooah and damn you all to hell! Try killin tortoise BAREFOOT! That's right, barefoot; bare heel and all. And there's cactus out there.

You ever swill down shell splinters in your tortoise soup?!!!

I didn't think so...

Zoo

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Of course there is a little problem with tortoise huntin season. See, there ain't no huntin season cause the tortoise is some kind of indanged species. So... ya gotta do it on the down low. Then again that means EVERDAY is huntin day! Jes keep an eye out for them BLM smokies.

·
Registered
681 Posts
zoo said:
Of course there is a little problem with tortoise huntin season. See, there ain't no huntin season cause the tortoise is some kind of indanged species. So... ya gotta do it on the down low. Then again that means EVERDAY is huntin day! Jes keep an eye out for them BLM smokies.
Grandpa's been gone a long time.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Well, there's a doe that my hunting partner dispatched, and a six-piont buck that I removed from the woods that won't be jumping out in front of bikes any more.

Full freezer = good. :clap:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts