V-Twin Forum banner

What will the value of 100th Anniversary Bikes Do?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we need a forum called Anniversary Edition Bikes but I can't figure out how to create one so to the moderators out there please create a forum called "Anniversary Edition Bikes".

I don't hear many people talk about the 95th year edition bikes, but I guess Harley badged those bikes to start the 100th year hype bandwagon. I mean call me crazy or uninformed but why 95 years when you are so close to 100??? Whats special about 95 years?

I have a 100th Anniversary Road King and everyone says they will be classics, well you know everybody at the dealership :hmmm:

My question to everyone is what do you guys think about the anniversary bikes? Right now I don't see them holding their value any more or less than a 1997 or 1999 or a 2002 or 2004 bike, but maybe it's just me.

What do you think the future holds for these bikes? :happybd:

·
Fuk ya'll, I'm from TEXAS
2,227 Posts
I just sold my 98 sporty it was a 95th anniversary edition. it was easier to sell and I believe I got about a thousand more because of it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It was a "Anniversary" model, not a "Limited Edition". The 2003 was far from a limited edition. They ran the model 13 months. What did they sell, 500,000 bikes for '03? Plenty of them out there.

Maybe if you store it and don't ride it, but if you use it, don't expect it to be worth a dime more than a '04 in the same condition......

Just My Opinion.......

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Well they ran the "03 production for 14 months and made more than any other year. If they hold their value I will be amazed. "04 are rarer than "03 bikes, fewer made. No real value to an "03 model bike, even with the badging. Seem to be a dime a dozen.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
They did flood the market with them. Possiblly effecting value of Harleys. Myself, I do not want a anniversary bike. Because you should save tins. If you want repaint, should by new tins. Not interested. Also my taste run to more suttle look, clean.

Whats the value of 95? Don't hear to much about them. So for a 100 that they mass produced, doubt it. Maybe in 20 years. But what do I know?

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
04GLIDE said:
I waited for the 04s to come out as I didn't want a 100th bike. Too much extra stuff on them for my taste.

I know some dealers put the extra 100th Anniversary crap on them "to make them sell". MY 100th has as much stuff extra than the 02's or 04's.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
04GLIDE said:
I waited for the 04s to come out as I didn't want a 100th bike. Too much extra stuff on them for my taste.
What kind of extra stuff? The only thing I see is the tape on the tank and a badge on the seat back and windshield bag but you have to really look to notice it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not to put down the 100th bikes but the factory sealed your fate by making all bike made that year the same, not a 500 of each or 5000 of each but EVERY last bike is a 100th.

Big milestone for the MoCo but not any more resale value.

JMHO

Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had until recently a 03 Heritage Softail with the 100th anniversary paint scheme of silver and black. One of the reasons it was so easy for me to trade it in for a Street Glide was the paint job. You are stuck with it. You and 10 million other people who had the same paint. The novelty of the tape and the badge wore off in less than a year.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
My local dealer had bins of 03 anniv part that they cant give away. They have marked them down like 35% and the bins are still there.....I think of them as regualr harleys and as long as they are clean and well maintained they will hold full value like all others.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I bought my '02 Road King in February 2003. I had to make the decision between a new '03 Anniversary and a used '02. Personally I didn't want to be locked into an Anniversary bike because they all looked the same. By February of '03 they had been on the market for 9 months (?) and I was sick of looking at them. I ended up buying my '02 that only had 1200 miles on it and already had $800 of mufflers and chrome for $2k under the price of an Anniversary bike AND I didn't have to pay sales tax because I bought it from an individual and not a dealer (benefit of GA laws). Now I'm really glad I bought the '02 because I'm going ape-sh!t customizing it this winter.

Still, I do like the '03 SE Road King. Harley was supposed to only make 1500 or so. I think I saw every one of them in Milwaukee that year. :)

I think the only 03 bikes that will be worth anything are the SE models.

A buddy of mine bought an '03 silver/black Ultra. Totally chromed out, 95" kit with Zippers heads, SERT. Sunk $42k into the bike. It has 19k miles on it and he just traded it on an '06 SE E-glide. The same dealer game him $20k on trade in. The bike is at Killer Creek HD in Roswell GA if anyone is interested. Have no idea what they'd take but I saw it on the floor Saturday.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
I have a 2003 Road King Police FLHPI. Vivid Black, no stripe, no over priced tank emblems, in fact the only way you can tell it's a 100th is the tiny emblem on the left case of the motor. I've owned a 1953 Pan (50th aniversary), a 1978 Shovel (75th) and now the 2003 (100th). Do I care if I trade it in I'll get more for it, no. If I get rid of it I'll just sell it outright. It's just a bike and when I get tired of tinkering w/ it I'll sell it for what I can and get the next one. I've always liked the Heritage Springer.......Oh well, I hope I'm still around to get a 125th....hehehe:huh:

·
Registered
38 Posts
As previously stated, there were too many 100th anniversary models produced to make them especially valuable.

The MOCO really dropped the ball on that. Now, had they produced a few numbered bikes out of each model family..... might have been of interest to collectors.

Take a look at this years 35th anniversary Dyna Super Glide. It has collectible potential. Only 3500 produced for the world.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
thatoldbike said:
A buddy of mine bought an '03 silver/black Ultra. Totally chromed out, 95" kit with Zippers heads, SERT. Sunk $42k into the bike. It has 19k miles on it and he just traded it on an '06 SE E-glide. The same dealer game him $20k on trade in. The bike is at Killer Creek HD in Roswell GA if anyone is interested. Have no idea what they'd take but I saw it on the floor Saturday.
OUCH!!!! Did Killer Creek give him a reach-round or have one of their T-shirt girls at least kiss him?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Unome said:
OUCH!!!! Did Killer Creek give him a reach-round or have one of their T-shirt girls at least kiss him?
LOL. I think he paid MSRP for the bike and had the dealer do all of the other work. He even changed out the wheels with the chrome spoke mags. I mean this bike is totally chromed out. Its not difficult to get to $22k in P&A when the dealer does all the work including an engine build. But I know what you mean. :duh?:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I bought my 2003 lowrider to ride. I don't care about the monetary value. It's valuable to me because it's my ride. If and when I get tired of the color and the anniversary badges, I'll strip the tins down and have them custom painted. No problem.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts