V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I'm wondering when I do HDWRENCH's 98 kit if I'm gonna need one of the new fangled mist separators (in the rocker box) to keep the oil in the engine, rather than down my pants leg? Second question...when I'm done what would a good starting point be for the jets in my S&S Super "E" carb. (yeah I've been told a CV is better) I like this carb and would like the bike to start and get me to a tuner.

I'm trying to get a complete list together (the kit is very complete) so I don't have to wait for parts during the build! Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated
!!!

John
 

·
Arrogant Bastard
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
Call Steve and talk to him about it. He'll go over every detail with you and make sure you have it all. I just did mine last week and the only thing I needed that he forgot was beer.

JOe
 

·
IronButt
Joined
·
6,364 Posts
Well I guess I could include that but since I do not drink ( diabetic) it would be non acholic would that be ok LMAO :roflback: SO I thinkthe beer t hing would not do much for you Joe. Sorry,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
first throw that E in the trash or sell it to someone with a shovel head and put a G on it venture in the e is to small and turns the main jet on way early or you can spend more money and have it modified so it will work
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Otto said:
first throw that E in the trash or sell it to someone with a shovel head and put a G on it venture in the e is to small and turns the main jet on way early or you can spend more money and have it modified so it will work
After purchasing the kit chucking the "E" is out...just need a place to start...(I've liked the "E" since I bought it...)
 

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
Joined
·
4,369 Posts
Got almost 300 miles on mine, you don't need anything special to do the build. Patience, a good service manual and the directions Steve sent with your package. Pretty good lookin' stuff, 'eh?
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geezer-Glide said:
Got almost 300 miles on mine, you don't need anything special to do the build. Patience, a good service manual and the directions Steve sent with your package. Pretty good lookin' stuff, 'eh?
It's real NICE....OL said I gotta stop droolin' when I walk by or I'm gonna have ta mop...dunno what's considered a "blem" musta made a mistake and discounted me a good one
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
(BUMP)...hey...anyone home????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,589 Posts
Feulings oil pump will protect you from the oil mist issue and get you added flow and pressure for that build. The extra sumping power gets it done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
After purchasing the kit chucking the "E" is out...just need a place to start...(I've liked the "E" since I bought it...)

Chrome it and stick it on a piece of wood and throw it up on the wall........ha! Just joking bro............

I have run them on Evo`s and I had a pretty hot setup in those days...........but the carb had to be seriously re worked to get it to run properly.................

Went back to a bored cv carb which was just so much simpler to tune and it ran so much better with much improved throttle response.

What are you doing for heads, cams, pipes??

All the best, Ozzie
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top