V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so "done" for this year... Next year, I'll wait till after riding season to do mods!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And the left side....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK...here's the left side

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Pretty bike Al! Looks good!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Fat Boy Al, looks real good. I like the wheels and sprocket. I also like a fine burgandy at room temp.

JMS

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice lookin' ride. Fat pipes on a Fat Boy are the ****...Good job.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Sweet ride Fat Boy Al :cool:

·
Seasoned Rider
108 Posts
Very nice. If you have a minute....talk about those handlebars. I'm looking for some for my Fat Boy, cause I need some rise and some pullback.
Thanks,
Lubey

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bars and saddle...

The bars are Wild One 518's. I looked long and hard before going with them. I was looking for several things (pullback, rise and wrist angle) and the 518's were the best compromise for all. I like to sit back in the seat and relax and they offer that.
The seat is a Corbin Dual Touring (and I have both backrests) and I love it - mostly. Still get some butt burn on longer rides and in particular when I don't have the backrest adjusted correctly.
I would've liked to try a Danny Gray single touring, since my daughter doesn't like to ride anymore. I don't like their dual, but the single seems to be more comfortable.
The one mistake I made was the brake lever - I went with the "girder" one for Softtails and it's too short.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Very nice Al, I really like the color looks great with chrome.

Dave

·
Registered
318 Posts
that's a sharp looking bike...very nice :)

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
very pretty bike!! I love the color.Are those big shots staggereds? If so how do you like them? I'm putting them on my new Heritage classic if it ever gets here. are they loud? have fun.. Ride safe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey HarleyGirl - those are staggereds. (BTW - I did respond to your email about them, too!)
They are LOUD! One hellavalot louder than the SEII slip-ons. EVERYONE notices the bike now! (I am hoping the cops aren't...) Since I am FI, I am looking for a PCIII to compensate for some mid-range power loss, but nothing I can't live with.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I just hope they look as good on my scoot as they do on yours!!!! Love thee loud thang too! thanks for responding..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the comments! Next year, I am hoping to do the Stage II Big Bore kit and the PCIIIr. Maybe new shocks and tires too.

Yeah, right. Next year, my wife will want all new forks and forward controls for her Low Rider. Prolly new bars and cabling, as well....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts