V-Twin Forum banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
hippie
5,106 Posts
same idea here b,, shi7 the school office looked like a gun shop from oct 1st to the end of november.. then in high school every car/truck had something in it.. lol,, try that today.. when i do school service calls i gotta prep ahead, imagine them knowing there's a gun in the truck!!! lmao,,, buncha pusssssssies

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
No argument from me on that. We stopped teaching and demanding personal responsibility a long time ago.

We had a Rod and Gun Club in Junior High (7 through 9) that held a trap shoot, a fishing (spring trout and winter pickerel through the ice) derby, and hunter education classes.
When I was 14 I had a job as a clay pigeon loader at the local rod and gun club. Back in the late 60's the clay pigeon launchers had to have there racks reloaded every 15-20 minutes inside the pill box, hence my job. You'd sit in that cramped hot oily smelling pill box dropping stacks of clay pigeons as needed. I was getting out of the house, the pay and food were extra benefits, lol.

You ain't having a 14 year old doing that job today. Was it dangerous? Sure if I was not attentive and responsible. There was no room for f'around. There would preferable be 2 of us in there most of the time. That metal arm would come whipping around and it could take a body part off easily. I managed to survive a couple summers of that without as much as a scratch. Good times good memories. I also got to eat free,,bonus especially the yearly clam bake. I also was a dishwasher there too.!

·
moved on
13,396 Posts
We had a biathlon course set up around school, ski like hell carrying a model 53 Winchester target rifle, stop and shoot, then ski like hell again. That was when high school was out in the middle of the swamp spruce. Now there is miles of houses all around that school and no guns are allowed.
I remember working in Craig, CO when VP Mondale made a plan to campaign there, they cancelled his trip when the SS came to town and saw half the pick up trucks driving around with rifles in the rear window.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts