V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Do what thou wilt.
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a motorcycle boot, size 12, black, made in USA, with a zipper.

Sounds easy enough, right? WRONG :badmood:

In the last week I have found out that Redwing no longer makes motorcycle boots, Carolina does not offer anything with a zipper, and Milwaukee no longer makes any footwear in the United States.

If anyone purchased what I am looking for RECENTLY, please share the info.

Thank you.

·
Do what thou wilt.
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dynageno.

I called the company. They said ALL their products are now made in Communist China.

The search continues...

·
Do what thou wilt.
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi folks,

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked each one out.

Not even one offers EXACTLY what I am looking for.

I found a few boots that look pretty good, but NO zippers.

I will continue to search...

·
Banned
589 Posts
Or you could wrap your head around the realities of international trade. I think a lot of Harley parts are imported. My H-D leather jacket and assless chaps are made in China --

Hell . . . the NRA sent me an American flag hat that's made in China.

I bought some waterproof, insulated, side-zip boots with an American brand name on them -- not made in the USA. They're great boots. $80.

Actually . . . They're Thorogood and made in the USA. I just checked. Same design as those listed in this thread below, only they're 8" uppers instead of 6".

Thorogood Uniform » The Deuce » 8" Waterproof Side Zip
834-6219 | 8" Waterproof Side Zip -- Medium, Wide, Extra Wide . . .

I bought these when everything on my ride was staying dry and warm except my feet. My feet are dry and warm now -- In Oregon torrential downpour.

This is a bad-ass boot for riding. Warm, waterproof (waterPROOF). You can get them steel toe or not, alum. toe. Option for waterproof or not. Good foot support, protection. Comfortable.

:coffee:

I thought this was a thread about being 86'd from the site . . .

·
Do what thou wilt.
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Or you could wrap your head around the realities of international trade. I think a lot of Harley parts are imported. My H-D leather jacket and assless chaps are made in China --

Hell . . . the NRA sent me an American flag hat that's made in China.

I bought some waterproof, insulated, side-zip boots with an American brand name on them -- not made in the USA. They're great boots. $80.

Actually . . . They're Thorogood and made in the USA. I just checked. Same design as those listed in this thread below, only they're 8" uppers instead of 6".

Thorogood Uniform » The Deuce » 8" Waterproof Side Zip
834-6219 | 8" Waterproof Side Zip -- Medium, Wide, Extra Wide . . .

I bought these when everything on my ride was staying dry and warm except my feet. My feet are dry and warm now -- In Oregon torrential downpour.

This is a bad-ass boot for riding. Warm, waterproof (waterPROOF). You can get them steel toe or not, alum. toe. Option for waterproof or not. Good foot support, protection. Comfortable.

:coffee:

I thought this was a thread about being 86'd from the site . . .

Thanks.

While the pair you have in hand may have been made in USA, the new ones are not. They are made in China now.

Since my first post, I have emailed about a dozen companies to find out where their products are made. It was the same thing with every response, China. Not even one response came back with Made in USA, or even Made In any of the world's 195 other countries.

I have come to realize that if no country of manufacture is listed, the answer is China.

·
Do what thou wilt.
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Frye boots are made in the US.

Thanks for the response.

Just got off the phone with them.

Only a few model lines are still made here. Most are not.

Shame, I have a pair of their boots, not suitable for riding, maybe 20 years old. Still in great shape, excellent Made In USA quailty.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Zippers?

Lace up or pull on American made and that's all there is!

Wesco's are the best you will be glad you spent the money. Nothin made here is going to have a zipper in it. Jeez a zipper in boots? C'mon!

Just razzin ya a little! Good luck w/ the boot search, I had a tough time myself untill I resolved to spend the money on Wesco's. No regrets.

·
Do what thou wilt.
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lace up or pull on American made and that's all there is!

Wesco's are the best you will be glad you spent the money. Nothin made here is going to have a zipper in it. Jeez a zipper in boots? C'mon!

Just razzin ya a little! Good luck w/ the boot search, I had a tough time myself untill I resolved to spend the money on Wesco's. No regrets.[/QUOTE

I think you maybe right.

Damn injury is what makes it tough to get boots(or at least the left one) on and off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been very pleased with my ladies motorcycle boots and was disappointed that they was discontinued. After much searching, I was able to locate the same style/model on ebay. New boot at a great deal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry I just saw this...BUT...Whites Boots in Spokane makes a great boot !! Like Wesco but BETTER !!! IMO !!! I have issues with boots as well...I had a pair of boots made for me. Never go back to anything else but Whites EVER !! I have had wescos before...nothing like the Whites !!
Glad you found a pair you like !!

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I think you maybe right.

Damn injury is what makes it tough to get boots(or at least the left one) on and off.
Any competent shoe shop or saddle shop can install zippers in boots. That's always an option. I wear a prosthetic leg on my left side and have to have zippered boots to get the left one on over the prosthetic foot.

·
Do what thou wilt.
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any competent shoe shop or saddle shop can install zippers in boots. That's always an option. I wear a prosthetic leg on my left side and have to have zippered boots to get the left one on over the prosthetic foot.

Thanks. Might be the way I end up going.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts